Tuesday, March 6, 2012

March 2012

Well I have been talking about running a 10K for I can't even remember how long. I have always been able to run 3-4 miles but beyond that I thought there is NO way that I can physically make it 6.2 miles. I pulled up some training manuals but every morning when I thought about going to run I dreaded it. I enjoy going to the gym soo much but running is a whole other ballgame. I would instead go to my spin class or cicuit class. I kept thinking oh man this 10k is coming up soon and I am totally not going to be able to run it. Well I finally pushed myself about a month ago on the treadmill and made it 6 miles. Well the other thing is that while I felt so accomplished I hate running outside. So about once a week for the past month I would run 6 miles on the treadmill. As the race grew closer I knew there was no way I would make it 6 miles outside. I had not run outside in forever. I kept telling myself I would just run the 5k. and then the night before I was like what the heck I will do the 10k. I am sooo glad I did. It really was a great run. It didn't feel bad until about mile 5 and a couple of hills but hey I knew it was less than 10 more minutes and I could push myself. I finished in 57:40 and I really think if I had not started at the very back I could have improved my time more than that. My goal was just to run the whole way and I did and it was an amazing feeling. I can't wait to sign up for another one! Brad did the 5K again with no training and he did great. We both enjoyed our morning workouts and had a great day getting ready for our dinner party.
Brad's favorite thing to do on the weekend is host people at our house. He just loves it and I truthfully let him run with it because all the cooking and prep work is totally not my thing. I instead kept C entertained and even got a post run massage. Everyone got over about 6:30 and we had a few glasses of wine and chatted before eating Brad's BBQ sliders and hamburger sliders, corn and potatoes. We ate and the girls helped me get C ready for bed and then we played a game before going out downtown for the evening. Brad and the guys stayed back to make sure C was okay.



1 comment:

  1. YAY for your 10k! I'm seriously still so impressed. PS- did you darken your hair? It looks good!

    ReplyDelete