Sunday, January 5, 2014

baby #2 ---1st trimester

 
We found out we having baby #2 on October 1, 2013. After months of trying to conceive I finally took a positive pregnancy test. I had gotten so frustrated and discouraged that this particular month I waited until I 4 days late before testing. I woke up at 6 am giddy excited because I thought this really could be the month. I waited until Brad left for work and then after getting confirmation that we were indeed pregnant I couldn't wait to share the news with Brad. I had the day off so I just beamed from ear to ear all day before picking Crawford up from school. I changed him into a big brother shirt and we picked up some ice cream and met Brad at the new house to surprise him with the news. He was sooo excited!
 
 
Since I found out when I was only 4 weeks along I was very cautious and nervous. I waited a few days before calling the doctor since I knew they wouldn't want to see me for a few weeks. I went in to see the nurse at the Ob office on October 10 at just 5 weeks pregnant. They went over the dos and donts of pregnancy. I still wasn't feeling sick or pregnant but I felt much more excited about it all after this visit. ...three days later sickness set in....It was BAD! (much worse than I ever remember feeling with Crawford) I felt sick from the moment I woke up until the moment I went to sleep. It was like instant sickness. All of the sudden I couldn't work out, nothing sounded good to eat, and I felt like I could hardly stand up to work all day. I kept reading that the "morning sickness" usually peaked around 9 weeks. I kept wondering how I was going to make through the first trimester. Every now and then I would have an hour here or there where I didn't feel sick but overall I felt sick...all day...everyday! Around 8 weeks along I started feeling a little cramping. I called the doctor and they suggested I come in for an ultrasound later that week. When I got home from work two night later around 9 I went to get ready for bed and I started bleeding everywhere. I just  broke down. I thought for sure my pregnancy was over. I called the doctor and they told me to come in first thing in the morning and kind of prepared me for the worst. I had to call in to work (which you can't really do as a pharmacist) but I was a wreck and knew that I had to be at the doctor in the morning). I woke up and we went into the doctor prepared for the worst and then the ultrasound tech pulled up the ultrasound monitor and the first thing I heard was a heartbeat. She goes well there's the baby. I was stunned. She didn't know anything that was going on...so of course I stopped her immediately and was like wait but I thought the baby ....and I just couldn't believe my eyes. I was in shock! The doctor said everything looked perfect and they truly couldn't identify what caused the bleeding. She even asked me "are you sure you were really bleeding." I felt excited but cautious over the next several days. I still had some bleeding but I still felt terribly sick. They ran some tests on my hormones and still everything looked ok. I was set for an ultrasound 2 weeks later at 11 weeks.
 
At 11 weeks, the nerves set in again as I was soo nervous about hearing the sweet heartbeat of the baby. The sickness had continued which kept my hopes alive. The baby was moving all over the place and the ultrasound tech said the baby measured around 11 weeks and looked great. Again, the doctor assured me that these things happen and that I indeed did have a little baby growing in my stomach. We were beaming when we left the office....No sickness could take away my excitement that day.
I still had not told many people as the whole scare had me nervous but I finally felt like I could share our exciting news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment