Friday, September 5, 2014

Sutton 3 Month and Crawford's Start of 3K

Craw started back at school this week. He is going M,W,F from 9-2. He is in the class with 9 boys and 4 girls (those poor teachers with the rowdy boys). He was in class with most of them last year so he was so excited to see his favorite "buddies" as he calls them. I had to work this morning so we did a quick photo shoot outside before I left him with Nana and Papa. Nana dropped him off and said that he sort of acted shy/not sure if he was ready to go in ...However, once he saw his name and play doh on the table he started playing and never looked back. The theme of their classroom last year was the jungle and this year it's the barn. When they get to class they have to find their name on a horse and put it in the barn (this is their attendance check). They play for about 15 minutes and then have circle time. There they discuss the weather and the day of the week, and said the pledge of allegiance. They also have art, music, and PE this year and science on the schedule ( I can't wait to hear about everything he starts to do). He said he had a great first day and that "playing outside" was his favorite. Nana picked him up from school and had Carter with him and they just hugged and were soo excited to see each other. I was so happy to hear he loved his first day. I brought him today and it's show and share day (he brought a stagecoach figurine that Nana and Papa brought him back from their Oregon trip) and he told me to have a good day and he was off. They will start carpool this year so I would get to peek in after school to see what they are doing. All the little boys love trains and the moms have already started planning play dates so I hope Craw has another great year with these sweet kids.
 




 
Miss Sutton hit another milestone this week and turned 3 months old. I just finished my first full week back at work and I am so happy to report that she has slept through the night every night this past week and done great for Nana and Papa. She has taken her bottles and napped and just continues to be a bit fussy in the evenings. We love our sweet little girl. You love to kick those legs and watch your brother play.
3 Month Stats:

 
 
  • Weight-- 11 pounds 15 ounces
  • Length
  • Size 1 Pampers Swaddler diapers
  • You are wearing 3 month sleepers and 3-6 month outfits
  • Nicknames--Suttina or boopsy girl
  • Your hands are still all over the place..You have your fists in your mouth if you can get them in their...when you are nursing you are clawing mommy or flailing them around...I am scared for us to drop the swaddle at night because I still feel like your flailing arms would wake you up! I am just waiting for the moment you figure out how to suck on your fingers I just think it's going to happen
  • You nurse 5 times a day if I am home. If I am at work you nurse in the morning and at bedtime and take 3 3-4 ounce bottles. I haven't had to work until 9 yet but I am nervous/anxious about how bedtime will go.
  • You drink out of the medela bottles and have had no problem adjusting to the bottle
  • You still nap in your mama-roo if I am here. I think Nana and Papa will hold you, put you in your crib, and the mama roo
  • Current bedtime routine---bath around 7:30 and then down by 8:30. You sleep until 7-7:30
  • You still hate the car and I just hate hearing you cry so I don't take you many places. I am itching to get to the gym and just run quick errands but I know there will be plenty of time in the future to do these things so if you are happy at home I just try to stay here with you
  • Bath time is the best you look so calm and happy and I just love talking to you and watching you smile
  • I never had your brother on any sort of routine...You are currently on a great schedule. You eat then stay awake for 1-1.5 hours then sleep for about 2 and we repeat. You are always awake between 7-7:30...I try to feed you at 5 and then again at 8:30 ...everything in between is somewhat flexible depending on your sleeping/eating patterns of the day.
  • You still like for us to be standing up and walking around with you.
  • You are starting to figure out how to roll but you get stuck on your side right now
  • You are trying so hard to laugh and often let out some cackles
  • You just seem happier overall this month. You have longer periods of being content and that makes us all so happy!
  • Everyone still says you look like your Dad and Crawford. I just keep putting your cute bows on you to remind everyone you are a sweet little girl.





I think your head is rounder than your brothers was. We just love watching you grow each day.
We lovvvve the fall and we can't wait to take you to pumpkin patches and football games and fall fairs...You are mommy's little angel and we love you soo much! I can't believe 3 months have already passed us by. You are changing each day and I am soaking up every moment with you sweet girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment