Friday, April 8, 2011

16 weeks!

Happy 16 weeks Crawford! Oh man he just gets cuter every day. I am loving his smiles, his babbling, his little chuckles, and his little active self that wants to constantly be moving! We have had some fun this week...working on flipping he has flipped from tummy to back and back to tummy just a handful of times but enough to have mommy and daddy feeling proud! He's still sleeping so great 10 hours or so a night..so we decided to go out on a limb tonight and for the first time in 16 weeks Brad gave Crawford a bottle and rocked him to sleep. I kept waiting to hear crying coming from his room but about 45 minutes later daddy emerged from his room proud of his accomlishment. It's been an hour now and still no peeps coming from his room.. I am so interested to see how long his 6 ounce bottle will take him. I sure love being the one to feed and put him to bed but it would be great to know that he is able to fall asleep without mommy being home at 9 pm every night!

Hey buddy this is why we do tummy time to strengthen those muscles of yours!
This is why tummy time is difficult. I sure hate seeing him this upset...
C's smiles are the BEST in the morning...I always go in there with my camera but he sees that giant black thing in his face and always stops chessing for me!
Brad and LB
On my days off I spend all my time just loving on Crawford except for the 1 hour I head out to the gym when daddy gets home from work...but when I return I just can't wait to hold C again!
We've started reading books to Crawford after bath time and he will generally look at the pictures until he gets bored which is usually half way through a book...hey we'll take what we can get!
Loving that we get smiles all the time now!
The Greer Citizen came out to write up an article on Brad's dad. They recapped his wonderful career with JPS for the past 50 years (I can't imagine working for ONE company for that long) and it was such a sweet article highlighting all of the wondeful qualities and accomplishments of Crawford's Grandpa. Crawford you sure are lucky because you just might have the greatest Granpa ever! They also mentioned how after 50 years of work Grandpa Doug was retiring to take care of Crawford and took some pictures of them. This will be such a sweet memory for Crawford to always have to look back on. We are so thankful for Papa Redd and the bond that him and Crawford are going to share is going to be so special!
His favorite time of night (besides eating) is of course bath time. He loves kicking his legs around. He could literally be screaming and throwing a fit and then we bring him up for his bath, set him in the water, and he is immediately quiet!
Daddy sent this picture to my while I was at work..this is C taking a bottle except that he doens't like daddy to hold the bottle he wants to feed himself. He did this to me the other day when I gave him his medicine he immediately took hold of the syringe with his fingers.
Sweet little C napping in his swing...sucking away at his fingers

No comments:

Post a Comment