Wednesday, May 7, 2014

2nd Trimester

I promised I would be good about documenting this pregnancy but the second one really does fly by and by the time I realized I had fallen behind I was already feeling the baby move. I look back at the first trimester and I can't believe how sick and miserable I felt. I took a turn for the better about the second week in December and by the end of December I can say I felt like my normal self. I had energy, an appetite, little to no nausea, and I could work out again consistently. I still can't believe how much I detested sweets until mid December....I couldn't think about chocolate, brownies, cookies, coffee drinks...but then my sweet tooth returned with a vengeance. It's like I am now making up for lost time. I crave chocolate all.the.time. I never have any fun cravings...every now and then something will sound amazing and you feel like you need it immediately but nothing on a consistent basis. I have wanted a FOUNTAIN diet coke twice (and I never really drink that.),I had a week stretch where I got a hot tea from starbucks every day when my throat hurt, I can eat cereal when I can't make my mind up about what to eat, I like meat a lot more than I ever did the first pregnancy, I've eaten more chicken salad that usual, a homemade waffle sounds good every now and then (yet to have one of those). I don't really like coffee but pre-pregnancy I found myself drinking it just to stay warm at work...it gives me such bad heartburn that other than a sip of Brad's here or there I steer clear of it. It's weird that my heartburn was worse before I was pregnant. I have definitely tried to steer clear of pasta sauce and pizza and things that give me really bad heartburn just because it makes for such a miserable day. We have enjoyed making big egg and bacon or sausage breakfasts and that has left me feeling sick some days. Right around Jan 1, 2014 I felt like I finally started looking a little pregnant and could feel little thumps of movement here or there. As the month of January went on I enjoyed feeling movement more. I am completely wearing maternity clothes now at 24 weeks. I have gone out looking for maternity workout clothes because my other clothes just feel too tight and restraining.

Sleep-- I sleep great and other than some insomnia in December where I would be awake until 2 am I have pretty much be able to sleep pretty normal.
Weight-- I was so happy with my weight gain until recently. I had gained just a few pounds and then all of the sudden boom I'm sitting at 24 weeks around 14 pounds up so hoping to watch the weight for the rest of this pregnancy.
Movement- I started feeling her move at the beginning of January (19ish weeks) much earlier than I ever felt Crawford. I have loved watching the movement pick up each day. It truly is the best part of pregnancy and I hate that Brad can't feel her move or know how cool it truly is. She gives me some good kicks, punches, and thumps now on a regular basis and I am just loving every minute of it.
Workout -- I go to Pure Barre about 2-3 times a week and while it is soo hard for me I love the way it stretches me and makes my muscles shake. I am doing all of my other normal classes at the gym and still feel like I have the same workout stamina. I just hate that all my clothes feel soo tight so I am working on getting some better maternity workout gear.
Work- I am still working my 4 10 hour shifts. I feel my legs throb and ache more and sometimes my hips or back with hurt. I was granted the use of a stool during my pregnancy and will usually try to rest my legs from 8-9 am and 7-9 pm depending on the shift I work. I always feel more tired after the 9:00 shift (maybe it's in my head). After I eat lunch it's hard to go back to the bench because your stomach feels huge and you feel so exhausted but again nothing I didn't experience the first go around.
Cravings- While I hate that the chocolate cravings are back I can't help but want some sort of chocolate after every meal. I still try to choose the same healthy choices I would in the past every now and then it is fun to splurge. I am in the stage where my appetite has really picked up and I find myself eating more at each meal.
Name-- We had names picked out before we found out we were expecting but it's crazy how once you are it feels so much more permanent. Within the last week we have come to a conclusion on the name and we are 99% positive we have her name picked out. We have no middle name in mind yet.
Nursery- We put wainscoting in the baby girl's room and painted it gray up top. I plan to keep her bumper and nursery white and gray and haven't found "the bumper" yet. We have the light yellow glider that we will use. I haven't decided on a window treatment yet. I have quite a long way to go in planning her nursery.
Shopping-- I started buying her smocked dresses in January for all the holidays next year, I visited a consignment sale and got her some play clothes and sleepers (32 items), and I just ordered some adorable Kelly's Kids play outfits that I can't wait to see. I feel so bad for Brad because this little girl is going to be so much fun to dress!



No comments:

Post a Comment