Friday, August 22, 2014

Sutton 9-11 weeks

We are getting Sutton on somewhat of a schedule these last few weeks. I don't think we ever had Crawford on any sort of schedule so this feels nice. We started following the Moms on Call schedule. It's so crazy because it requires you to feed at certain hours and to wake a sleeping baby. (wake a sleeping baby--say what?!) but I have been doing it with great success. When I let her sleep on her own time frame her eating and sleeping gets all wacky. She has been prettttty good about sleeping 9-6. Every time I think we have nailed it little S decides to surprise me with a middle of the night feeding so we aren't in the clear quite yet! She is certainly smiling and cooing more and overall just a happier child ! We still have fussy bouts and girl does not like to be put down for any amount of time. This past week Brad started a new job teaching business at a high school. It has been all sorts of new changes. We are sooo proud and happy for Brad. This is a dream for Brad and he is taking it seriously and spending all of his free time planning. Brad's parents left for a trip the same week Brad started work so we went from all hands on board to me with the kids all day. It has actually been nice. I spend her naps playing puzzles and games with Craw and I have even left the house every day with both kids. It was a nice way to finish out maternity leave for sure.
 
We ventured to the bounce house this day and Sutton did good just sleeping in her carrier while Craw ran wild and had a ball!

This girl loooves her fist. I am guessing as soon as she can coordinate sucking on a finger(s) she will so that she be interesting to see which ones she chooses!
 
We visited Aunt Cat while she was house sitting and decided to venture to the Georgia Aquarium. Craw just loooved it and Sutton did too. She just looked around and took it all in. She didn't sleep a wink because she just didn't want to miss anything.

 

 Leaving the Aquarium she finally decided to conk out!
 The next day we hit up the Marietta Square Farmer's market. It was so cute. They had a huge band playing and samples galore and a cute fountain that they had put bubbles in. It was a fun morning.
Look at Sut with her fist again she loves it

 
We always have her swaddle soo tightly so when we get her up she loves to stretch like this!

 
 

 She loves sitting up,...If she is laying down she constantly tries to lift her head.

We ventured out to Jazz on Main last Friday. We have gone in the past but it was too hot and S was too little. This time she did great! She looked around and slept and let us hold her and we were thankful for some fresh air. Craw had unlimited bouncing in the bounce house and ran around until he was dripping sweat!
asleep in my arms

The next morning it was Greenville farmer's market time. Sis was here and came with us and we loved strolling the streets and getting some fresh produce.


We have hardly seen daddy this week and we miss all of our time with him. He is enjoying the start of the school year and comes home with the funniest stories !

 Craw has been so sweet and understanding when I have to feed S or walk around entertaining her. He loves to have "cuddle time" as he calls it with her.

oh hey there fist!


She was loving to smile and has even tried to laugh a few times this week. You will hear her go to laugh and then she almost cackles trying to do it...it's soo cute!


Of course we have spent some of our day watching Paw Patrol and Dinosaur Train.
 
Love my mornings with S..she is so awake and alert.

 
I have exactly one week left at home. It is a mix of emotions. I am sad to leave her but since it IS inevitable that I am going back to work part of me is ready to start figuring out our new system. I am sooo thankful for this summer I have had with both munchkins. Time I never have gotten with Craw since he was a "big boy" It has been a blessing to responsible for this tiny baby girl. To watch her grow and change and to be this sweet girl I always dreamed of having. I have enjoyed figuring out the new dynamic as a family of 4 and am just in awe of how much I love these two. They are my whole world and our whole lives right now revolve around keeping them fed and happy and I wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments:

Post a Comment