Tuesday, August 17, 2010

23 Weeks

Wow, I can't believe I haven't blogged about pregnancy since our 20 week visit at the doctor. I get mad at myself because I really want to document this all for our little nugget to read back on (although who knows how much my little boy is going to care about his mom's blog but I can at least be hopeful!) Anyways, we have had loooots of fun shopping the past couple of weeks and by us having fun Brad has hated almost all the clothes I have bought and is pretty indifferent about the baby bedding (but he has been a GREAT sport and that's all that counts!) We bought our bedding about 2 weeks ago and I just love it. It's what I always envisioned my little boys room to look like (seersucker!). The crib skirt is seersucker with yellow(goldish) piping and then the bumper is just plain seersucker. The crib sheet is this mosaic pattern that I just love because while the seersucker is a slate (grey) the mosaic has some of those baby blues and yellows that I love as well. So my biggest obstacle has been curtains. We have decided to make the nursery the room with 3 windows (1 standard size and 2 small windows) so of course traditional drapes are not wide enough to cover all 3 windows and roman shades won't work how I would like because of the blinds that were installed in the frame. So I have decided I am either going to do white drapes with a seer sucker border or seersucker drapes with yellow piping...and then from that decision, we can hopefully decide if we are going to get a light or dark colored glider (I know too many decisions already and I'm only working on a nursery.) But that's a whooole separate discussion because of course I like all these custom upholstered gliders because I like the fabric better and I can have the cushion monogrammed (don't worry the cushion flips for future children's monogram) but all the gliders you can buy at Babies-r-us etc don't have cushions that move and therefore our whole monogram plan is ruined....We have decided on a crib and I just love it. I saw it in Savannah when I would go looking at dresses for Ryan and I took a picture of it probably 2 years ago and now I'm pregnant and still don't like anything nearly as much (I have tried to like furniture less expensive but it turns out it really isn't that outrageous and we may trim back on the pieces we purchase.) So yay as soon as Buy Buy Baby opens in Greenville Sept. 14th they will know me pretty well and I will have an order placed for our baby's crib. Other things on the to do list for the nursery is a toy bag/hamper that sissy may be able to sew for me. I am also trying to decide on the rug for the nursery and the monogram above the crib (I know a name would be nice first but all these custom made monogram letters take up to 10 weeks to make so we seriously need to get on this name thing!) We have narrowed the name list down and by narrow down we have names we both agree on and hopefully with some compromise and some brainstorming on middle names we will come up with something original ( I mean I still think we're months away from announcing the name but I am being optimistic!)





Okay so now that I am all sad about missing out on the spaghetti squash (which is the size the baby was when I was in Chicago and last week's papaya pic (which we made an effort to take we seriously couldn't find a papaya only mini ones that were smaller than the spaghetti squash) so anyways here is our nugget this week appearing about the size of an ear of corn!
*How far along? 23 weeks
*Total weight gain? Please everyone don't gasp 15 pounds (I am still shocked that this little nugget helped contribute to my 6 pound weight gain in just 2 weeks (although I am sure Chicago didn't help either) ..my what to expect book says in the next few weeks you should see a tremendous amount of weight gain ( I sure am hoping that I was just ahead of the game!)
*How much does the baby weigh? 1.5 pounds
*Maternity clothes? my least favorite activity to do on my days off is shopping for maternity clothes. It seems as though I am in this awkward stage ..my regular clothes are too tight but maternity clothes do NOT look right at all. I spent almost 2 hours in the maternity store today just trying to get some basics down...really didn't find much but I always leave saying oh when I get bigger I will go back and buy this or that so who knows. I have literally been to evvvvery maternity website and cannot find anything I like...I need a maternity personal shopper. I also need maternity gym clothes because people must seriously think that the gym has not been doing me well lately. The only thing I can find in way of activewear is yoga pants that are just like big comfy sleep pants and will not be good for my workouts so I just keep squeezing into my too tight spandex capris...
*Sleep? Hmm nothing too new other than I probably knock Brad out with all of my movements all over the bed trying to stay comfortable. I also am waking up 3 times a night to pee again..little man must be enjoying resting near my bladder.
*Best moment this week? I think the best moment was going to Charlotte for a date day with the husband. It was so great to shop for our little nugget and we really had such a great day planning for him!
*Movement? Well I still feel him every now and then little almost like heartbeat feeling thuds against my tummy...but it definitely hasn't picked up in frequency or intensity.
*Food cravings? ooooooh goodness the sweet tooth is baaaack and worse than ever. I mean I have always enjoyed my cookie or brownie usually just after dinner but now it seems every meal requires sweets and not just a bite or two I want three and four cookies...I don't know where it came from because I seriously wanted nothing to do with chocolate until 3 weeks ago...I always like fresh fruit and still not liking giant chicken breasts or really any kind of chicken that I can smell (as in if we cook it in a crock pot) or if it's not cut up realll small. I hate that pizza gives me the woooorst heartburn (I am soo thankful that I normally do not have any of these intestinal/esophageal issues when I am not pregnant because they are miserable. I hate to chew up tums because it's just a load of calcium and makes the intestinal issues worse so it's a lose/lose situation with this new heartburn I am experiencing!
*What I miss? I miss my arms feeling more toned..I think since I have stopped going to some of the weight bearing exercise classes my body has taken a toll.
*What I'm looking forward to? I can't wait to actually see the baby move in my stomach and let Brad share in the fun movement of the baby. I also can't wait to get the nursery looking as perfect as I envision it.
*Milestone? I have made it 3 weeks without a full day of my debilitating sickness...so I am thinking it's over!
*Nursery? Well I have obviously gone into wayyyy too much detail of my busy planning of the nursery
*Names? Still talking I think I am actually coming around to some of Brad's names..imagine that...looks like Mr. Stubborn will get his rockstar name after all...no just kidding I haven't gotten that flexible
*Working out harder? I starting basically only spinning and stepping the past few weeks. I have become addicted to spin and it really is so much easier on my joints and my bladder!

Once I for sure decide on curtains and find some maternity clothes I will be happy for a moment and then I will be focused on the next projects..I still have been meaning to research more on carseats, strollers, high chairs etc and that will probably take up a good portion of my evening...after I read all the other mommy blogs I am obsessed with reading.

Oh I almost forgot sissy got us this great rain forest jumper/play area (wow I don't even know what they are called) but I love it...and it sits in our room and reminds me of how our house will never look quite the same in a few months!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT update! You look adorable by the way...but I totally can't tell any weight gain, so go ahead and tell baby boy to pop on out and give his mommy a cute little belly :)

    I wish I could be a fly on the wall during your name convos... but is it possible you are coming around to Stone?! Say it ain't so... :)

    PS- bedding= adorable!!

    ReplyDelete