Thursday, February 24, 2011

10 Weeks















10 weeks...WOW! Well after having his 2 month check-up at the doctor and sleeping off those shots we underwent a few fussy days followed by what I think was a growth spurt...Man have we had one fussy baby. For the past 2 days C has been awake since 8 am and taken 1-2 30 minute cat naps and then spent the rest of the days screaming and up till 10 pm. I have tried all our normal tricks...the swing, car rides..this kid wasn't having any of it...he would be sorta calm on a walk but otherwise he has been screaming..well I of course wasn't thinking growth spurt the first day and a half so I am trying everything to calm my baby..once I did some googling and realized that he didn't have a fever, he wasn't teething...well it looks like my baby was just hungry! So after a marathon feeding session C slept 12 HOURS!!! That's right I probably checked on him every 30 minutes after his 8 hours of sleep. I couldn't even believe it. Then he napped for hours yesterday and slept 81/2 hours last night and is napping now...sooo I hoping the growth spurt is over...weighed him last night and looks like he is about 13 pounds...I mean can you please stop growing! I am loving each day with him (minus the lil growth spurt when I just didn't know what I was "doing wrong.") but he is so responsive to what mommy and daddy do now..we can act silly, sing him songs, carry him around and he is so intune with his surroundings...it's so fun! I love thinking that I am really entertaining him! But the really sad thing about this week is it's my last full week with little C before I return to the dreaded pharmacy...I mean I will be the first to admit I wasn't sure this mommy home all day thing would be for me (I am such a schedule person and thought I would like returning to my "normal" routine) well I just loooooove being his mommy and being the one to watch his every move...guess it is going to be much harder to return to work than I expected...I'm having some anxiety mostly about feeding. I probably started introducing the bottle too late so I am scared that I will be leaving Grandpa with a very tough couple of weeks of feeding C. I will continue to give him a bottle every day to make sure that he is somewhat prepared for my absence. I know he will adjust just find and I am sure it will be much harder on me than C. I just don't know how in the world I will have enough time at Walmart to excuse myself to get C's food ready for the next day. I am really hoping to breastfeed through his 3 months (which is only 2 weeks worth of pumping at work) but ideally I would have liked to continue this amazing nutrition and bonding with C long past that time...so I will take it day by day and try to not let it stress me out. I also didn't realize how responsible you feel for your baby's every action. I will constantly be thinking of C and hoping that he is behaving for Grandpa...I don't doubt what wonderful care and support he is going to provide but you can't help but hope and pray that your baby is not fussy and is behaving for their caregiver because you are their mommy and you feel responsible for their behavior...*weird feeling* but I feel it every time I leave him...I know he's always being well taken care of but I am always thinking "oh goodness ...please don't be screaming the whole time" I keep hearing that 3 months is a great turning point for the fussy baby so I am really hoping that whatever the cause of C's fussiness that it will resolve itself in the next few weeks..Brad and I just adore him and can't wait till whatever is causing him to be fussy will soon be gone so that we can see more of his precious little personality!

But more and more each day we are getting smiles like this that melt our hearts!!















But Mr. Serious can't help but give us more of these looks on a regular basis















C has been so good about taking his reflux medicine. We really think it is helping because when I tried to wean him off of it ...the reflux and fussiness after eating seemed worse.

















His hands are always up by his face but now he can wipe his little eyes and stuff both fists in his mouth and it is adorable















Yawns are just precious!















He was laying flat against the headrest and I look over and he has literally sprung himself out of the seat with his head it was hilarious...















Our favorite daily activity is taking C on walks..it's when he looks the most peaceful and mommy and daddy love getting him outside















He really behaves for diaper changes and I hope it stays that way














His favorite time of the day to go "cycling" Brad and I joke that he is always biking the tour de France. He serious kicks and kicks those legs like no other...we joke that it's because of those spinning classes that I took every day while he was in my tummy














He always looks up at us..amazing how he knows our voices















He's thinking where you guys taking me.















This was before his shots at his 2 month doctor appointment...look how peaceful he wasn't aware that he was going to receive 4 shots















This is his first time that he discovered himself in the mirror. He just loved it. Now I will sit him in front of the mirror while I brush my teeth and he is so entertained.












































Well since C screamed bloody murder after his 4 shots we couldn't really get his whole outfit back on so this is how he came home...and after hours of sleeping he was ready to show off those scooby doo band-aids


















1 comment:

  1. He's developing such a little personality- I love it! It's going to be so much fun watching him grow.
    I love him watching himself in the mirror- too cute :)

    ReplyDelete