Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Disney World Day 2- Magic Kingdom

We woke up around 5:45 and started getting things ready for our first day at the park. We were pulling through the gates around 6:45. Since we weren't staying on disney property yet we just figured we would get to the gates and wait until they opened the gates to general public (b/c this was an extra magic day). We were turned down when we tried to get on the monorail. They said since we weren't staying on the grounds yet we couldn't make our way to the gates until 8...hmm well that was going to be a whole hour. So we just walked over towards the ferry to see if they would let us take a ferry any earlier. Well luckily Brad went and had his magic band on and when the lady scanned it and it wouldn't scanned she just let us all through. So we took a ferry over and got in the park a whole hour earlier than we planned.


It was really chilly this morning. Disney when it is chilly is the best. It's not hot and there is this nice breeze in the air and I wish it had stayed like that all week. In the background is the Polynesian (where we were staying with Brad's family the rest of the week)
Craw said "i've never been on a boat before I love it" (even though he has I guess this is a good memory to have riding a boat to MK)


We were in the park before the sun even came up fully. I always buy the touring plan app and follow what rides it tells us to go to and we love it. It never steers us wrong. We started in tomorrowland and then made our way to fantasy land.
 Our first ride was Buzz lightyear. Brad is super competitive and I love how focused he was on beating me---he did !

 I don't have any memory of ever riding the astro rider. Since it was early and no line we decided to go on it. You take an elevator up and I figured it would be just like Dumbo. Well it goes muuuuch faster than dumbo. I am kinda surprised they let me bring Sutton on it--I had to hold on to her tightly
 We headed to the jungle cruise and had  a hilarious ride on one of my favorites. We rode it several days later and heard different jokes so that was fun!

We had not visited the new Fantasyland. We loved it! I loved the 2 Dumbos and I am sure Craw would have had a blast on the playground inside but luckily we didn't have a wait.

 Craw and Brad on Dumbo--of course he picked the Red elephant because red is his favorite color.
Here we had stopped to watch a show at the castle where Mickey and friends come out

Sutton was such a trooper. Every now and then she would just pass out. Here she is mid bottle totally sleeping.




We headed home around 4 because the whole crew was pulling into town. 

I guess some pictures got out of order. This is the first morning when I had to wake Sutton up--she didn't seem to mind



Craw was in awe of MK


Craw loveddd the cars. We rode them several times while the lines were low.


Sutton and I watched in the stands

 This was our first time doing the magic carpets and Craw loved it!

 When we got home from dinner poor Sutton couldn't even finish her bottle before passing out.
 This was after our day at MK...we were waiting in front of the hotel for Nana, Papa, Hope, Carter, Bobby, and Amy to get there.

We were so excited for everyone to get there safely. We headed to dinner at Cracker Barrel and then made our plans for the morning before calling it a night.






I am so glad we added an extra day. The weather was perfect! The crowds were much lower than later in the week. It was a perfect way to start the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment