Thursday, May 26, 2011

23 Weeks

This has to have been the most fun week so far! Crawford is hilarious and I love watching his daily discoveries...He first found his little toes and it was just the other day that after pulling his socks off and eating them he could finally get those little toes in his mouth...and please when he loses his toes he gets soo upset...
He also has learned to full on flip from back to front and front to back...it started with him just flipping from his back to his tummy and he would squirm all about not sure what to do next and then sure enough a few days later he would get up in that half push up/half yoga pose and poke his head around like a turtle and then starting flopping to his back...he thinks he is just amazing when he accomplished this so we sing his praises each time!
He also scared me the first night he decided he wanted to sleep on his tummy this past week because I kept thinking "oh goodness he can't flip back over and what if he gets lazy and plops his face straight into the sheets and can't breathe" so after one sleepless night of checking on him literally every 2 hours ...I realized that he was going to be ok...but that night man I was running in there each time I awoke because he would be in a different position and I couldn't tell on the monitor if he was breathing so I would sprint to his bedroom and almost start patting his cheek to make sure that he was indeed alive...he loves to lay on our bed and snuggle up to a pillow and turn halfway on his side/tummy and suck his fingers and take a nap and it's just precious!
He also decided that he doesn't like nursing and then going straight to his crib anymore he now wants to be rocked after eating...I thought oh man we had this great routine...but ...I just loooove rocking him..sometimes I drift off to sleep too and sometimes I sit in there with him for 20 minutes after he falls asleep just because it might be the cutest thing to have him sleeping in my arms...guess I'm making up for lost time in that whole newborn stage when C didn't want to sleep ever and always wanted to be awake
My days off are so easy now and I just love knowing that I get to spend the whole day with just me and C. We go to the gym in the morning and that ladies there take great care of him, then we run a few errands or have lunch with Brad and then come home for a meal, he then usually takes a long nap and I do things around the house and it makes me wish I could spend every day with him at home!
I love when we get him laughing...tonight at dinner I kept making Sophie (the teething giraffe) pop out at him and he thought it was hilarious he was laughing so loud in the restaurant that Brad told me to stop because it was so loud...it was soo cute and I didn't care...I love moments like that and even though it started monsooning and ruined our outdoor dinner affair the moment I shared with C when we moved inside and his hysterical laughing took all the stress of the rained out dinner away






He is able to stretch and arch his back almost all the way out of the bumbo so we can't even turn out backs when he is sitting in it.



These are typical evenings in the Redd household..I spend countless number of hours each week hand washing all my bottles and pumpers to get ready for the following day



Got to love his attention span when mommy is trying to take pictures and trying to say anything to get him to smile!



This is so funny...I guess Grandpa rocks C in the glider and left C a "piggybank" full of change on his night stand...it had us rolling...only Papa Redd would do this






This was the infamous morning after I was up every hour or so checking on C who decided he would start sleeping on his tummy



"What do you mean you were worried? I'm fine mommy just chilling on my tummy."



"I'm already a pro at sleeping on my tummy you have nothing to worry about mommy"






See those flowers in the background...daddy turned around for a minute the other day and C decided he wanted to eat that pretty pink one and pulled the whole vase of flowers over..there was pollen on his head and man what a mess.




No comments:

Post a Comment