Monday, May 16, 2011

5 Months

My sweet boy is 5 months old..I feel like he is such a big boy already...now that I am carrying him on my hip (ya know he isn't a newborn anymore that needs to have his head supported)..he is full on sporting his adorable self on my hip and I just loooove carrying him around! He is soo squirmy and literally is kicking those legs or putting annnnything and everything he can get his hands on in his mouth...and I am loving my little boy!

5 Month Stats



  • Weight- ~ 15 pounds

  • Length -

  • You are wearing size 2 diapers and wearing 3-6, 6 and 6-9 month clothing. All of your shorts and pants even 3-6 month are still pretty big in the waist so 1 piece outfits definitely fit the best

  • You sleep from about 9:30 - 8ish....and we are just so lucky that you sleep through the night each and every night!

  • You still don't nap very well for me (but I take you on the adventures of Christen's life on my day's off) so you have a muccch better routine on your days with Grandpa. I know he can always get you to take at least one 2-3 hour nap (me not so lucky)

  • You are still a great eater and take bottles just wonderfully for Grandpa and then I nurse you either before and/or after work. You take about 6 ounces of milk in your bottles and probably eat about every 4 hours.

  • You are still suuuuper fussy after 5:00 (I mean I thought this would all go away by 4 months)...we have tried everything to remedy this...more naps during the day, more milk at night, tried solids, no such luck yet but I still think it's because you are overtired from your day

  • You still love going on errands and on walks in your stroller

  • We attempted rice cereal and while I think you enjoyed eating off the spoon (even though you always wanted to hold it yourself) you started vomiting 2 hours after eating it. It didn't matter if we gave you just a little or a lot so I stopped for about a week and tried again with a different rice cereal and the same thing happened so I believe we are going to wait until 6 months to start solids

  • We just love your new discovery of your feet and how much time you can spend being entertained by your own 2 feet! You will tried to grab for them and you can pull your socks off and then eat your socks (probably your favorite!)

  • You also can now get just about anything in your mouth (which makes me nervous when I set you down on your favorite brown rug because I am always scared you will find one of mommy's bobby pins) but you can get part of any item in your mouth no matter how big or small you will find away to get it in your mouth...you even attack your car seat straps when you catch them in your line of sight.

  • You used to cooperate when going out to meals but that lasted for about 2 weeks and now there is nooo way you are going to sit through any sort of meal...so it was sure fun while it lasted

  • You really like being rocked to sleep now (it must be from grandpa and nana rocking you to sleep) but I actually love it and find it adorable when you suck your pointer and middle finger and just pass out in my arms

  • You are soo happy when you wake up and will play in your crib for a good 20 minutes before whining at all and it is soo much fun to come and get you after you wake

  • You had your first beach weekend this month and loved it

  • You spent the night with Nana and Grandpa for 1 night and did great

  • We can really get you laughing if it's just the right time of the day and of course if we do the funniest things (aka just kiss all over your little neck and tummy and/or make silly sounds)

  • You still are startled so easily and if I am feeding you and you hear anything out of the ordinary like daddy opening a drawer or mommy talking on accident that heads whips around and has to see what's going on

  • You are playing much better in your exersaucer and the walker and it's fun to watch what a big boy you have already become

  • You love standing...you just love bearing all your weight on those legs and checking everything out

  • You love when you are either a) on the ground and we are standing above you or b) when we hold you up above our heads...I don't know it must be your view from these angles but you are just so happy when in either of these positions

  • You still don't care to roll from your stomach to your back or vice versa you instead prefer to arch your back and squirm in every other fashion imagineable.

I so look forward to these next few months and watching all of the adorable new things you learn to accomplish! I literally miss you after just a few hours away from you and I just can't stop looking at you when you are awake...I will stare at the monitor when you are sleeping and I will follow daddy around the house when he takes you from me to give me a "break" from holding you...I just don't want to miss anything that you do and I love your adorable smiles and I love how sweet you look when you suck those little fingers and I love knowing that you eat and sleep well and are growing every day! Thanks for bringing so much joy to our days...You are the first thing I think of in the morning and I look at you in the monitor before I even look at the clock to see the time...I keep you right next to me before I go to sleep and I just wish I could snuggle you in the bed and never let you go...I know the second that you are mobile you will want nothing to do with us because you are already checking our your escape route everywhere we go...you loooove to move and you never stop...your legs literally are always moving and I just know the second you are mobile we are going to really have our hands full! Stay sweet little Crawford and I can't wait to see what this next month brings!




"Really Mom enough pictures already."



"Mommy Santa called and wants me to work at the North Pole" (I mean could his little ears be any cuter!)


"Alright mom you're making the most ridiculous sounds but man are they funny"



"Mom you know how high maintenance I am how dare you set me down on the couch!"



"Daddy I don't know why you took the infant carrier off ...it was way cooler when it was on because I could look at you and mommy so let's put it back on"






"Hey guys, do I need to spell it out any louder...I am tired and you guys have me in this crazy bumbo...can someone put me to sleep already"


No comments:

Post a Comment