Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sutton One Month and 4th of July

 
Our sweet baby Sut-Tina (our nickname at the one month mark) we can't believe you have already been in our lives this long. We love your adorable snorts and can't get enough of your cuddles!
 
One Month Stats:


 
 
  •  Weight: 8 pounds 13 ounces at-- 4 weeks
  •                9 pounds 8 ounces at 5 weeks(you were 7 pounds 10 ounces at birth)
  • Length: 23 inches at 5 weeks
  • You wear newborn diapers
  • You still wear mostly newborn clothes. However, I have started putting you in all your cute 3 month outfits now
  • You nurse every 2.5-3 hours during the day. You give us 3-5 hour stretches at night.
  • You starting really being awake and alert around 3 weeks. You slept hard for those first 2 weeks of your life
  • You started getting really fussy around 3 weeks and we are still adjusting and learning your crying ques
  • You just like your brother can hold your head very steady for being a month old
  • You just like your brother have an amazing startle reflex
  • You haven't started breaking many smiles yet (but your brother took awhile warming up to us too ;)
  • You usually nap in your swing
  • You wake up usually twice in the night and after you eat we can swaddle you up and place you in your pack-n-play (something we were not so fortunate to be able to do with Craw)
  • You first hated the paci, then you took the soothie paci and then you hated that one. Now you are taking an Avent paci and I am crossing my fingers you continue to like it
  • You HATE the car which has made running errands interesting. I hate hearing you cry it just breaks my heart. I usually will try to run off right after I feed you but family trips are few and far between
  • You love bath time and have one each night
  • You love being carried around outside.
  • You have been quite fussy the past week or two and someone at the hospital was vacuuming and said "oh I bet she loves that" --so mommy did what any mom would do to try and calm you one night and turned the vacuum on....instant magic! We are using vacuum sounds on you tube while out in public --genius
  • You are very tense. Your little hands are always balled up and your legs look rigid. The lactation consultant commented on your aggressive eating and your tense hands. We need to relax you and mommy both ; )
  • It used to take you about 45 minutes to nurse but now we can do it in about 30
  • You usually eat, look around wide awake, then get a little fussy so we try to get you to sleep (this is the typical cycle that has started to show some predictability to you over the past few weeks)
  • You generally feed for the last time around 10:30...wake between 2:30-4:30 then wake up again between 6-7.
  • You got in your first car accident right before you turned 4 weeks old. We were on our way to the lactation consultant's office and we were stopped at a red light when a car plowed into the back of daddy's car. Luckily we only felt a tiny bump and we were all ok. The other car had a lot more damage but again every one was ok.
  • We usually take a walk sometime during the day. We will either loop the neighborhood or meet daddy and Craw at the pool. 
 
 
Sutton happened to turn one month old on July 4th! Aunt Cat came to town to help us celebrate. Aunt Cat was sooo helpful. When you would cry she was right there to scoop you up. She knew how to calm you and just loved on you!


Happy 1 month sweet girl!!
 
The Rehns came over for our low country boil and we just love that they have become some of our very favorite friends!


 
While you were snoozing we let Craw play outside and do some sparklers!




 
Over the past week I have started getting a better grasp on your schedule and identifying why you are crying. I put a lot of pressure and stress on myself and I know I often make a fussy night a lot bigger of a deal than it needs to be. I tried to hug you tighter and thank God for the sweet little blessing that you are. I know you will be a walking talking 3 year old like your brother in the blink of an eye so I am genuinely trying to savor this time when you are so tiny. I love my sweet little girl! I love putting bows in your hair and talking about getting our nails done...I love the way you snort when you are trying to fall asleep. I love the way your head tilts back when you fall asleep and you feel so warm and cuddly in my arms. Your dad and I feel so thankful for your health and just adore every part of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment