Sunday, July 18, 2010

18 Weeks

So I had last Monday off and I went to get a prenatal massage at Urban Nirvana. The massage was great but I kept having cramps. I had a doctor appt that afternoon so I asked the doctor what to do about the cramps and she told me that it might be a UTI, but I tested negative for that. She said it could be kidney stones so she wanted me to buy a urine strainer to see if any sediment comes out when I pee. They hooked me up to a machine to see if I had contractions but I wasn't. They told me I was anemic so I have to restart prenatal vitamin to increase iron intake.

It's now Sunday and it's been, by far, the worst day of my pregnancy. I woke up around 2:30am and vomited an insane amount of lasagna. I fell back asleep for about 2 hours and woke up again around 5:00am to resume vomiting. My back has been killing me today. I hope everything is OK with the baby. I have pretty much slept off and on all day. This has the been the worst moment of my pregnancy. I'm hoping this is just a 24 hour stomach bug. We'll find out in the morning.

How far along? 18 weeks
Total weight gain? 9 lbs
How big is the baby? mango
Maternity clothes? just pants to work
Sleep? gotten better (except for last night)
Best moment of the week? having my nieces come visit and Ryan telling us for certain it's a girl and wanting to name her Ryan
Movement? couple of times in the morning but still not certain it's the baby
Food Cravings? cornbread, not lasagna
What I am looking forward to? one week, we get to find out the sex of the baby
Milestone? nothing
Is working out harder? No, it's gotten easier. I've been able to run on the treadmill this week.
What has been unexpected? throwing up in my 2nd trimester
Names? the introduction of Stone (by Brad of course)
Nursery? my sister got to help me pick out some things

My sister Corinne and her two kids, Ryan and Hayden, came to visit on Wed but I'll get to that on the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment