Saturday, July 31, 2010

20 Weeks

*How far along? 20 weeks

*Total weight gain? 9 pounds

*How big is the baby? banana (7 inches; 11 ounces)

*Maternity clothes? The only maternity clothes I have worn are my work black pants and my bella band that I wear so I don't have to button all the buttons on my other pants.

*Sleep? Sleep has been much better this past week and I have only been getting up to go to the bathroom once!

*Best moment this week? finding out that my baby was healthy!!!!!

*Movement? finally the past couple of weeks I have felt the small flutters although it is still a very dull movement and I only feel it for about 15-30 seconds at a time

*Food cravings? I ate Nature Valley oats n honey granola bars every day this past week so I guess that would be a craving. Finally craving cereal and much healthier options at breakfast time. fruits were not as appealing to me this week so I hope this will pass.

*Belly button? no changes

*What I miss? I know I am not missing my weekly sickness and for one whole week of feeling well I am very very thankful

*What I am looking forward to? oh my goodness shopping, planning the nursery, picking out names (that should probably be on the what I am not looking forward to list since Brad and I do not seem to agree on these very much)

*Milestones? The baby weighed in at 14 ounces at my doctor's appointment and I couldn't be more grateful to hear that baby Redd is as far as we know healthy as can be!

*Is working out harder? I finally decided to give my body some rest from my daily workouts. I took 2 days off last week and 2 days off this week and I think it is probably a good thing for my body. The most annoying part about going to all of my favorite body combat and step classes is that the whole time I am jumping and moving around I feel like I have to pee..but when I go to the bathroom and come back I still feel the same way..soo annoying..so I have taken up spinning and am actually pretty obsessed right now...If only I could convince Brad to go on walks with me on my "off" days from the gym (but that is like pulling a tooth from a child I mean who hates taking walk? I am scared to go by myself I know I am a baby)

*What has been unexpected? The weirdest thing was this sickness that passed over me once a week on a Sunday/Monday/Monday/Sunday in that order since the end of June. I was tested twice for UTIs, had my blood drawn, was hooked up to a contraction monitor and the same thing...they just weren't sure...so call it indigestion, round ligament pain who knows but as long as it doesn't return I will be thankful. I am still mad that my OB sent me to a family Dr. all for him to tell me I was having back pain (I mean hello I stand on my feet 10 hours a day and I believe I know what severe back pain is...this pain was so much different and so much worse) so thanks to the doctor he sent me home with an Rx for Lortab for pain...wow

*Names Oh my goodness what are we going to do? I am the girl who is soo obsessed with monogramming and now I will probably have to endure months of not being able to put the adorable initials on anything because Brad and I cannot agree! Ah! It's become pretty humorous

*Nursery? Well I have had the bedding picked out for months and then my friend Alexis sent us some pictures of a nursery that was painted in a "lattice work" ..hmm I dont' know how to describe it but it started making me second guess my choice..but I am back to my original bedding choice however now I can't decide where to go with the espresso furniture (first original choice) or the white furniture (which both girl and boy bedding sets are paired with and look great even though white furniture is not my favorite...soo many decisions..but so much fun). I also have to decide on curtains (I think I have curtain anxiety as I have not put up a single set in my whole house but the baby's room will be the first room to officially have nice matching curtains so now I need to find someone to make me some!)


Well the next post will officially announce the sex of baby Redd and we will be able to fully disclose all the fun details from our doctor's visit on Monday (We have been keeping it a secret since then because we wanted to tell Brad's parents in person and man it's about time to be able to share the exciting news!)


No comments:

Post a Comment