Monday, July 26, 2010

The Big Ultrasound Day!!

I can't believe it's finally here....I'm officially 20 weeks prego and I have my ultrasound today at 3:45. I feel so many emotions today it's crazy...I remember being 8 weeks pregnant and having my first doctor's appointment and not believing I was pregnant yet because all I knew was that I had received a positive pregnancy test...then came the 10 week ultrasound..finally then I believed I was pregnant because I saw the baby and knew that something was growing inside of me...since then I have battled nausea, unexplained abdominal and back pain. weird food aversions, and knocks in my overall energy but at least I finally have felt pregnant...it will be after today that I feel so connected to the baby because I will hopefully know if he/she is healthy and that will give me soooo much relief! I have felt the first couple of "flutters" over the past few weeks. I can't really explain what I "think" is the baby moving but I usually wake up to the feeling when I'm flat on my stomach (which I still somehow can't help). I feel these really really fast flicks/little tiny movements hitting my lower stomach....of course I immediately am wide awake and turn over in the bed and try to be as still as possible to feel the baby move some more but usually after that 15 seconds of this feeling it has passed...so not sure if it is the baby I am feeling but it is always in the morning and just feels different than any other intestinal/stomach movements I have felt before. I can't wait to feel the baby grow some more over the next couple of weeks.

Back to the appointment Brad and I really think the little munchkin is a boy. I can't explain why I feel this way. It it because it has been in my head to begin with and now I subconsciously feel this way? I don't know? I truly expect news of a boy today and I am getting so excited. I get to have my sister (Cathleen) and Brad at the appointment today (and although I am sad that Corinne and Brad's mom won't be with us, I can't wait to share the news with them later). I can't wait to see each of their expressions and reactions. Brad tends to be the more emotional one and I truly can't wait to see his face when they let us know that we have a healthy little boy/girl. I am trying to find things to do today to pass the time. Cathleen and I have already scoped out a bunch of baby stores and are ready to go shop for baby's clothes after the appointment. I have already picked out the crib/furniture and baby bedding and can't wait to see if I will be purchasing blue or pink baby gear!

I will probably not be posting the results until Saturday because Brad's parents are on vacation and it just wouldn't be the same if we told them the news over the phone. We will see how we are feeling after the appointment but we really hope to hold out the news until the get home and we can tell them about their new little grandson/grandaughter.

1 comment:

  1. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    I'm SO excited... and I used to think it was definitely boy... now I'm not so sure!! Actually... yes, I think it's a boy. Baby boy Redd. Yes, boy. Definitely boy.

    ReplyDelete