Monday, October 4, 2010

29 Weeks

The baby is no longer nameless! After we tell our family I will officially make the blog post regarding baby Redd's name..how weird it will be to refer to him by his name for the next 10 weeks..but so refreshing too...Baby is the size of a butternut squash this week and it makes me wanna cook a warm yummy soup...so glad the weather is cooling down and getting me in the holiday spirit!

This is us before out first Caring for Baby class.








Brad with our faux baby as he practices the 3 different burping positions




I liked holding the baby too much...and of course we were the only ones taking pictures and Brad was so embarassed!




Hahahaha here is Brad practicing the art of changing diapers. I mean I can see the look on his face in this picture of a "fake" diaper is the same face he makes whenever he sees one of the nieces dirty diapers...too funny





We are now practicing the sponge bath...we learned never use soap on the face ...well let's just say we really didn't learn anything but it was a fun bonding expericne for the baby...poor Brad could hardly keep his eyes open!




The curtains that I just love. They match the bedding perfectly and are exactly what I wanted for the nursery!





The lamp sissy and I made.



Cathleen came to town this past weekend. We started by attending a decorating class at Twigs. This was my second one and they are really neat. They provide an adorable dinner that is spread out as a buffet and they have drinks and wine and coffee and dessert. It is set up soo cute it makes you want to just live in this fantasy decorating world. Well we were definitely the youngest attendees but nevertheless it was fun and we got some great decorating ideas for the holiday season! Brad flew to Vegas on Thursday night for a bachelor party with 15 or so guys. I was so nervous having him fly away but he went spent a reasonable amount of money, stayed out of trouble, had a great time, and returned Sunday night in one piece..(I am a happy girl!) Cathleen and I spent much of the weekend trying to decorate a couple of things for the baby's nursery. We got a lamp and covered it with some of the fabric and it is soo adorable. We also tried to make basket liners (which didn't work out so well...she is going to take them home and hopefully with a little help these suckers will be perfect too.) This whole sewing and hand made items can take forrrrrever but it really is such a neat thing to do. We were also going to make a hamper liner (but for now I guess I will buy one because this stuff is so time consuming!) We also attempted to make a diaper wipe box and it still needs a little TLC but should turn out precious too. I have finally decided on a yellow glider to bring out the golden yellow in the seersucker cording. Now I just need to decide which glider to purchase (and with 8-12 weeks in delivery time I better decide like today!) Other than that, I have calmed down a bit on being so baby crazy..today I actually had a low key day off. This is probably the first day off in months that I am a) in town and b) not going to some sort of doctor's appointment. I just took my time and tried to relax a bit (although I am not good at this and by 4:30 I was going absolutely stir crazy in the house.) I went by my friend from work Melisa's house today and she had some great clothes and baby gear and I am so grateful for her generosity! I also had fun starting to research baby books that I want to read before he arrives. I have the typical "What to Expect" series but a lot of it is common sense and it is easy just to browse through it. I have put a couple baby books on hold at the library and ordered a breastfeeding book off of amazon so that I can become more comfortable with this whole breastfeeding thing..I have no idea what my opinion is on this issue and it really is the one thing that is sooo foreign to be about having a baby. With Corinne's two girls I got to be hands on and got to see a lot but of course breastfeeding is a bonding experience and so I need to figure out if it is going to be something for me for the long haul or something that I give a shot and if it doesn't work out then I think I will be okay with that too. We have a breastfeeding class for 3 hours on Thursday night and I am interested to see if that is helpful or not. Then it's off to Athens for a great weekend of tailgating with my best friends (even though we are terrible this year).


The 29 week survey
*How far along? 29 weeks
*Total weight gain? 22 pounds...this ? is about to be deleted from the survey I hate it so much!
*How big is the baby? 17 inches 3.1 pounds and the size of a butternut squash (he is now within 3 inches of his birth length but baby will still double or triple his weight until birth)
*Maternity clothes? I seriously can't even wear my Nike workout shirts anymore...I am "that" girl at the gym...how come now that I am pregnant I see no pregnant girls at the gym to see what they are wearing ...ugh can't find maternity workout shirts..so t-shirts it is for awhile..I love my maternity shirts though..they are so comfy and I am justttt about popping out of my polos (ok I am popping out but I have finally come to terms with it and I should not wear them to work any longer!)...still need to find some cuter maternity shirts but for now my solid color tees are doing just fine!
*Sleep? Still sleeping just fine..only weird thing right now is when I wake up say at 7:45 if I hear the alarm and try to just lay there I will be sooo nauseaous in about 5 minutes so I really can't enjoy just laying in bed..I don't know what is off in my body but once I wake up I physically have to get out of bed to avoid getting sick..weird!
*Best moment this week? Having Brad finally feel the baby..it's hilarious to watch..he is so proud when he feels him and I just love watching him concentrate so hard on feeling the baby..it's about time!
*Movement? definitely my favorite thing about being pregnant. I can't even explain the happiness that I feel each and EVERY time I feel him move..he's moving allll the time right now and I just love it!
*Food cravings? Nothing new..just have a biiiig appetite right now...I can think of about 100 unhealthy things that sound delicious at any minute but I usually have to convince myself that a turkey sandwich or some apple slices are better than those wild unhealthy desires...I hope I don't cave one day (but I think I space out eating healthy and eating unhealthy enough that I never quite feel deprived) if I could only control the sweet tooth better...but it's terrible brownies and cookies after every meal has gotten out of control!
*What I miss? Still pretty content although seeing all my tiny friends in their cute game day outfits miiight make me miss those 20 pounds I used to not carry
*What I am looking forward to? Monogramming 100 things with his little initials and name..I mean I thought I had my clothes buying under control but I am about to release the monogram loving inside of me...this could be bad...
*Milestone? Brad being able to feel his strong kicks and punches...still wish I knew what a hiccup felt like..I mean maybe he doesn't hiccup?
*Is working out harder? Oh man the elliptical kicked my butt..I usually workout on random at 10 but I was at a 5 and it was very hard..I also ran 0.5 miles at 6.2 and that seemed impossible too..hope I can still run 4 miles after the baby..that makes me nervous to think about my endurance...step and combat classes still about the same..they do not seem any more difficult. spinning just kills me every time!
*What has been unexpected? I guess I never knew how much you would feel your baby move.. I mean I feel him so much and it really makes you always realize that there is this living human in your body that you are doing your best to take care of.
*Names? The initials will officially be CBR or CRB (this is how it will appear when I monogram things)
*Nursery? We have hung his curtains, covered a lamp, and just bought out glider today wahoo!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite quote of the post..."I am about to release the monogram loving inside of me...this could be bad..."

    'Nuff said...

    ReplyDelete