Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Chateau Elan Shower

The adorable invites to my first baby shower!
My girlfriedsn threw me such an amazing girl weekend shower at Chateau Elan outside of Atlanta. It is a winery/resort and is beautiful. I think there were 4 weddings the day we were there.We all met at noon to watch Georgia whoop on on Vanderbilt. We also began a game that Meghan came up. She tied blue ribbon on each of our arms and if anyone said baby or Crawford at all throughout the day whoever caught them got to steal their bracelet...well Brittany just loved the idea of this game and she adamant on winning and she did! Gooo Britt!!

Then the girls took me back to the Inn where we watched the end of the football game and then they surprised me with this room attached to our room where they set up everything for the shower!





Look at what a lukcy girl I am. Everyone had gotten me gifts all wrapped in blue and we started an afternoon of baby shower gift opening and games (compliments of Meghan)


This is the first gift I bought myself that I had monogrammed with Crawford's name on it. It is a boppy pillow cover and I think his name looks great if I do say so myself!



Aunt Ellen was even present at the shower and sent us a baby doll (a great practice tool for Brad!)


Nicole's gifts were wrapped great and I wish I could take a gift wrapping lesson from her...I am the one who shows up with a gift bag without fail!


I was excited to get my first Buy Buy Baby box...they sure are cute! (you all know my love for this store!)

She got us some great items for Crawford including a surfboard (that Brad just had to have) used for tummy time, a swaddle me and some wash cloths...I already feel so blessed and loved and we're only a couple gifts into the day!



Alexis's gifts were amazing and I can't wait for Crawford to love and snuggle with his elephant stuffed animal, bathe and dry off with his new hooded towel, and go on a stroll through the neighborhood with his mini sleeping bag by jj cole that I just love!


Jenny's gifts were special as well...I am so grateful at this point!

She got me some great bath goods for lilttle man as well as a personalized frame where I will get to put a picture of Crawford each month..I can't wait to see how much he grows and changes from month to month!



Hewy's outfit selection couldn't be any cuter! She sure knows how much I love anything seersucker! She also got Crawford his first UGA gift which is a pacifier clip...can't wait to start outnumbering the UGA gear to the Clemson gear!

Britt has 2 beautiful pieces made for the baby. This adorable blanket and some little booties! I can't wait to bundle him up in them!




Alexis decorated some delicious and adorable cookies for our afternoon snack!



We began playing games and I enjoyed these so much. The girls had to guess how big around they thought I was by eye balling the ribbon without being to wrap it around themselves or see me. This was very entertaining!

We also played a game where the girls had to draw their best self potrait without looking and then I had to judge whose looked the most like them.



It was funny to see how much of the plate they took up and which features they focused on.


These 2 both drew very small pictures of themselves..I awarded Jenny with the best self portrait because I just love how she made the lips stand out and she reallly tried to make it look like her..too cute!

Britt and Meg's both took up the whole plates and I just love their attempt at drawing their hair on the plates!

Alexis and Hew took self portrait to mean "self" as in they drew stick figures of themselves and made it a little too difficult to tell them apart!


We also had to answer questionaires. The girls gave me a paper with different physical features and traits. They told me to select if I want Crawford to inherit my feature/trait or Brad's. It was hilarious that they all got one right on the nose (intelligence awarded to me...thank you very much)...I guess I should give Brad credit on the common sense award. They had to try to guess what I picked. I think most everyone only missed 2 questions..good work!


Here I am trying a ribbon around my waist...I appreciate whoever's attempt this was...they gave me a little credit for not being very big....oops way off! I believe Meghan was the winner here and I think she had it right on the nose!...hewy was just a tad off being a little too small.


We all then took off to a delicious dinner where we all indulged in Filet and/or Salmon and delicious bread and great conversations! It was the perfect place to relax, talk, and enjoy my best friends that I don't get to see enough!

After dinner Crawford was so active...probably thanks to the delicious chocolate cake I indulged in...and the girls were sooo cute and all wanted to feel him kick/punch and move all about. I loved how if one person felt him the next girl was immediately trying to get their hand in trying to feel him as well...It really made me feel so special and I can't believe how much Crawford is already adored...He sure is going to have the most amazing aunts when he gets here.

Nicole had the most adorable and darling little cake made for me...Not only did it look soo cute but it was filled with chocolate/chocolate chip cake (thanks for reading the blog and knowing how obsessed I am with chocolate!)...





I am so grateful for this special time with friends and all the love they showered me with. I don't get to see all these girls nearly as much as I would like but it's just like old times when we all get together. Crawford is a lucky little guy because he is going to be so loved beyond belief! Thanks again to everyone for their time, the precious, sweet, and thoughtful gifts, and the most amazing slumber party shower a girl could ever hope for!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Awww looks like you guys had an amazing time!! So you do realize that the more you talk about UGA stuff the more that Joe and I are going to buy Clemson stuff for little Crawford. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful recap! :) I'm so glad you had a good time... I had an awesome time celebrating baby Crawford and seeing all the girls... it won't be long now until you're a mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Looks like you have some wonderful friends! What a lucky boy Crawford is! Those gifts are so sweet and thoughtful! I can't wait to meet him! I love reading your blog! I would love to make you a scrapbook someday of sweet baby Crawford!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Perfect recap~ why did it have to fly by?! Less than 8 weeks til we meet the little guy...I just can't wait!

    ReplyDelete