Friday, October 22, 2010

32 Weeks/ 2 year anniversary!

Happy 2 years to the most loving and caring husband around!!! I seriously can't believe we have been married 2 years..but even crazier together for 4 years...what a blessed past 4 years I have had! He takes such great care of me and we really make the best team together. I get soo excited just thinking that I get to spend the rest of my life with him! We had an amazing wedding day with great weather outside at Larkins on the River and then spent our first year celebrating in wine country (Napa Valley...one of our favorite vacations to date!). This year we took it down a notch considering I'm 7 months prego but we knew we wanted to enjoy dinner out somewhere that we had never been. We tried out Nantucket Grille a newer seafood restaurant that is the sister restaurant to Rick Erwins (where we had our rehearsal dinner)..well it doesn't hold a candle to Rick Erwins in our opinion but that's also probably because neither one of us is a huge fish eater. Either way we had a great dinner together and that's all that counts.
I came home to beautiful flowers and we pulled out the ole wedding cake (or should I say OLD wedding cake!) Brad was the guinea pig and he took one bite and spit out the freezer burned cake...good thing we had leftover chocolate cake from the baby shower!



Well again I have had another feel great week. Week 32 had been so far so good and I just love that we can FINALLY see little Crawford move around in my belly...what a sight!


This picture is me with a honeydew (the estimated size of little baby) but I am on the phone and just received great news and can't wait to share it! I love that Brad captured me in the moment great memory!



32 Week Update
*How far along? 32 weeks
*Total weight gain? uggggh 25 pounds...dear lord please only let me gain 10 more pounds max...me and the gym are going to be best friends if this weight gains continues!
*How big is the baby? estimated length is 19 inchs and he is weighing in around 4.5 pounds.. Another cool tidbit of info about the baby's size is that the amniotic fluid is now at it's max (about 6 cups of it floating in there with baby) but since there is no more fluid to come that only means that baby will continue to grow and take over the space the fluid has been taking up which is why I am probably feeling baby so much better these days! baby has also started to develop his own immune system this week.
*Maternity clothes? Well to work I have scratched out wearing any button ups and am just wearing my maternity shirts and hoping that everyone understands...at the gym I am just wearing my same really tight spandex capris and tshirts instead of my workout tops...I also bout a dress for Nick and Ashley's wedding and thank goodness it fits and I like it...hmm now I need something for the rehearsal dinner..ohhh great
*Sleep? Well the tempur-pedic has been so great for prego sleeping. It really forms soo great to your body and I wake up feeling well rested and not sore anywhere...Only downfall is that I think I get a little too comfortable and end up waking up on my stomach and that makes me so nervous but I just flip to my side whenever this happens
*Best moment this week? Having Brad see little Crawford come out of my belly and all the girls at the shower getting to feel Crawford kick!
*Movement? I think I have for sure pin pointed where is little legs and arms are and I most certainly can feel when he moves his little shoulder...still not sure how to feel the head but I am sure it's still sitting comfortably on my bladder..thanks buddy
*Food cravings? I am actually surprised with how little french fries interest me throughout this pregnancy...I thought I would just devour them but luckey for me they are just ok (thank goodness) ....still not into mexican restaurants (which again is supppper weird for me) I just love apples and all other fruits too. But good ole sweet tooth still has the best of me!
*What I miss? my energy...even my days off have now turned into pretty worthless days of me returning home after the gym and not making it back out to shop and play around town like normal
*What I am looking forward to? Maternity leave with my little boy and enjoying the holidays as far away from walmart as possible!
*Milestone? I can officially begin the 2 month countdown...thought about attaching rings together (like you would as you countdown for Christmas) and pulling one off each day..pretty fun huh?!
*Is working out harder? Again some days easier than others...going on week 3 of back to morning 6 am workouts...feeling great after them but my bladder sure does hurt the whooole time that early in the AM...still love spin and combat and just wish my bladder wouldn't annoy me the whole workout.
*What has been unexpected? How dumb I am for choosing a high deductible insurance plan (any ladies out there planning to have a baby perhaps in the near future always go more conservative on your insurance..I thought hey Brad and I are never sick let me choose that plan with the $6000 deductible and the $10,000 out of pocket max...so anyways I learned a great lesson and will be choosing a much lower deductible in the future to support the family in a more economical fashion!
*Nursery? I haven't really touched the nursery...have a couple of picture frames to add to his place from the shower and still waiting on the glider and Crawford's letters...still trying to decide if we want to put a fan in his room or if we are going to buy a cute baby light fixture that will be the next decision for the nursery
In other news...Crawford is now listening to Mozart for about 30 minutes a night..although Brad woke up the other night after about 3 hours of i-pod music playing and informed me that Crawford has probably been listening to rap for the past 2 hours so you know I am trying to give him some diversity..only kidding (they say the Mozart music is good to start about this far along in pregnancy because they like to hear to repitition of sounds...hopefully this will help his brain develop better!
Brad and I have date night tonight consisting of pizza and watching a movie from the library that comes recommended from baby blogs called "The Happiest Baby on the Block" let me just tell you how thrilled Brad is to spend his Friday night watching this..should be funny!
I am still trying to figure out how much maternity leave walmart is going to allow me to have and it has most certainly been stressing me out...It seems like in the past most pharmacists have had no problem taking 12 weeks and of course it turns out that a pharmacist is my district was only able to take 8 and couldn't even use her vacation to take the remaining weeks..I am trying to outsmart the system but knowing most likely it will fail...so 8 weeks it will probably be and then I have 2 weeks of vaca to take before March so I am crossing my fingers that I will at least get to spend 10 weeks bonding with Crawford...
Well that's it for now...hoping to have a calm weekend of work and then enjoying some days off during the week next week and we also will spend 2 nights at the hospital completing our last 2 baby classes!



2 comments:

  1. a honeydew? A HONEYDEW? Crawford is HUGE! :)

    PS- what's the good news to share?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i HAVE to know the good news...my creative brain is coming up with all sorts of crazy theories....

    ReplyDelete