Tuesday, October 12, 2010

DIY bed!!

Alright so this wasn't really a "do it yourself" project...but I pretty much have been envisioning this bed for months. I kept finding pictures of beds I would like then Brad and I would go see them in person and there was always something wrong with it. Most of the time the bed sat too low to the ground (a mere 6 inches) then we finally found one we just loved that looks similar to this but the food and sideboards were wood and a color that we did not like...so I happened to see a sign on my way to work that said "Mccroskey's Custom Upholstery" and a lightbulb went off and I thought maybe someone can just make me a bed exactly how I would like it. I met Mr. McCroskey and knew I had found the man to do the job. We ended up drawing up some sketches and Brad and I provided all of the dimensions to come up with a bed that would suit our needs and a 6 foot tall headboard. Then I spent a good couple weeks in the midst of my curtain stresses I was also looking for fabric to cover this headboard with. Turns out I love the fabric I chose and I couldn't be happier with Ray's work.
Here is Ray and his brother putting our new bed together. Oh did I add that we saved half the money we would have spent on a similar bed and it is EXACTLY what we wanted!

Then our new KING tempur pedic bed got delivered...red carpet was laid out and all...and Brad is in heaven that he doesn't have to succomb to the bed hog (me!) any longer...I was just soo happy to have this bed I envisioned in my head turn out to be perfect!


We let the bed air out the first 3 nights (which made Brad so sad..) but we heard it was good to let tempur pedic fabric breathe for a couple of days...

Ray finished off the project with the perfect bench at the end of the bed. I am soo pleased and can't wait to show pictures of our new master bedroom (if we get a chance to make it perfect before the baby gets here)



3 comments:

  1. holy crap, it looks GREAT!! Can't wait to see it Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. again....LOVE IT. Tell Ray I need his services.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love Brad's pose on the bed. Made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete