Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A weekend of Georgia Sports!

Great weekend in Athens, Ga!!! Cornhold competition...Jenny and I even beat the boys!

What a fun weekend with my girlfriends. We left for Athens at 6 am on Saturday after waking up at 5 to get all the food and tailgate stuff together. I was so excited for my last UGA game before officially having a baby. We set up around Myers Hall (since you can't tailgate on North Campus anymore). We had a perfect location accompanied by a tent, cornhole, tons of food, and my best girlfriends form college. I had to sport the 30 week sticker to document my ability to still hang with my friends while they enjoy a couple of cocktails. Happy 2 week belated birthday to Jenny. We sand and celebrated with none other than funfetti cupcakes!






This was so cute to watch the girls try to feel around for Baby Redd. They kept poking (of course so gently that I am sure he couldn't feel anything) but they really were so sweet to me all weekend! My 6 water bottles kept me good and hydrated until the swelling of the legs and feet set in later in the evening!




They thought they found the foot in this picture!


Brad and Michael staying out of all the girl talk!


So glad I have secretly converted Brad into a dedicated Georgia fan. He loves Athens and secretly wishes he went to school in this waaaaaaay cooler college town...it's okay one day our son can go to UGA and he can live vicariously through him!


Sunday brought on a whole new fun day. We started with a very loooong lunch at Copelands (one of Brad and I's favorites!) and then headed down to the Ted to see Bobby Cox's 2nd to last game ever. (I grew up being obsessed with the Braves and I would watch them every night during the summer after coming home from the pool...)



We all got free tomahawks and we thought they were soo cool!







Brad and I's first Braves game together!


It was sad that we lost game 3 of the series...but it sure was fun to take part in such an exciting game! Everyone was going crazy with their tomahawks!







1 comment:

  1. such cute pictures!!! Love this! our tailgate was PERFECT and I cant wait to do it again next year....with baby Redd!!!

    ReplyDelete