Sunday, December 18, 2011

12 Month Update

You are so sweet and busy all the time and getting you to look up at me with that smile melts my heart. You are so sweet and I just love every single second I spent with you. I always think people at the grocery or in the parking lot must think I am coo coo because I'm always talking to you and laughing at you like you are my little buddy and I love our special bond!


We are gonig to try to take a picture in you wearing daddy's shirt. I think it will be great to watch you grow into his shirt. You are such a little peanut but have grown so much over the past year. You went from 8 lb 7 oz to 20 lb 2 oz and from 21 inches to almost 31 inches. --- AMAZING!











I can't believe you are 12 months old--I feel like you are now referred to as a toddler and that is just too crazy! I just love love love this stage of your life. You are full of personality and quite the explorer. You are so happy and content and can keep yourself occupied all hours of the day. You play hard and sleep hard and I just love to watch you discover new things each day! You are hilarious now and make clicking sounds with your tongue and point at everything...those are probably your two newest discoveries this month.




Stats:


  • Weight-- 20 pounds 2 ounces (12%)


  • Height-- 30.5 inches (73%)



  • You wear a size 3 diaper --but I think I'll be buying size 4 next time--you are filling diapers big time at night


  • You wear size 6-12 month clothes and 9 month longalls but I have just pulled out a stash of 12-18 month winter outfits and they seem to fit just fine too.

  • You wear a size 4 shoe

  • You sleep from about 9 to 8-9 in the morning.


  • Over the past month you have gone from nursing 3 times a day all the way down to once a day and you finished nursing Monday December 12th (I never every thought we would have made it that long--but you grew and stayed healthy and I wouldn't change it for anything!)

  • You are now drinking whole milk like a champ out of your sippy cup. (sometimes you like it more than others but when you are in the mood you chug it like crazy)

  • You loooove food. You are soo over baby food and when I am home with you you only eat table food (Grandpa still feeds you some baby food which is fine because then I know you are getting enough vegetables/fruit)

  • Your favorite food is mandarin oranges followed closely by grilled cheese. You love them both so much


  • You wil eat chicken, beef, turkey, yogurt, peas, carrots, zucchini, watermelon, grapes, applesauce, pineapple, melon, blueberries, waffles, black beans, lima beans, any kind of potato, macaroni--those are some that come to mind. I definitely need to feed you more veges

  • You started getting separation anxiety--which is soo bizarre (but breaks my heart when I leave.) You have been going to the gym since you were 3 months old and know all the girls that keep you but when I go to put you down you squeeze my arm so tight and cry harder then I have ever heard. It makes me feel terrible but when I come to pick you up you are always having so much fun and don't want to leave

  • You have to have your blanky to go to sleep. We know you are sleepy if when we hand you your blanky you put your fingers in your mouth and lay your head on our shouler it is beyond sweet and definitely one of my favorite things you do


  • You are so easy to put to sleep right now. We just tell you night night and give you your blanky after having a bath and you go to sleep.

  • You love going up and down the stairs


  • You click your tongue in your mouth when you play a lot

  • You point at everything. If you want something or want to go somewhere and it's precious


  • You cruise a lot more and can stand unassisted for several seconds and can even take a step but you just aren't brave enough to take off yet and you always throw yourself onto your knees and crawl to wherever you want to go

  • You still love baths -you have started to put your face in the water as I am trying to teach you to blow bubbles. You also love to float on your back.

  • You really started liking tv this month. You can now watch about 15 minutes at a time and it's long enough for me to grab a shower before work. You really only watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (because that is the only show I DVR every day so it's always easy to access.)

  • You don't like the stroller anymore. If we are out running errands we either have to make them super fast or we put you in the baby bjorn..Either way you are constantly grabbing at everything we pass and I am always just holding my breath waiting for you to knock something over.

  • You still loooove the giggle bellies and it works like a charm to calm you down at any hour of the day.

  • You have one new favorite show and it works like a charm if you are upset or getting tired --it's the Elf on the Shelf mini movie and it's absolutely adorable.

  • You still sleep with your sound machine on and the humidifier going

No comments:

Post a Comment