Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Week 16

*How far along? 16 weeks
*Total weight gain? 6 pounds (thanks a lot carnival cruise!)
*How big is the baby? turnip...well haven't been able to find this in the grocery to take a picture
*Maternity clothes? none yet suprisingly work clothes still fit when I got back from vacation but looking forward to buying some comfy pants soon
*Sleep? sleep was better than ever this past week...thanks to the half of a phenergan I took eacch night just to make sure I wouldn't get sick from the rocking of the boat..I slept great minus the usual bathroom breaks (2-3/night)
*Best moment this week? being on vacation...waking up working out, eating, tanning, eating some more and enjoying entertainment with the Redds
*Movement? none yet but looking forward to it soon!
*Food cravings? celery/salad with oil/vinegar (the way my mom made salads every night growing up but leads to ridiculous heartburn..oops!)...always can eat a homemade waffle or pancake definitely something new to my appetite
*Belly Button? no changes yet
*What I miss? being able to eat healthy all the time if I choose to..sometimes I eat the worst things all day because I think it's the only thing I can eat..can't wait to have my old appetite back
*What I am looking forward to? hopefully feeling the baby move soon..and of course 4th of July weekend at the lake with Britt and Alexis
*Milestone? made it 10.5 hours to New Orleans and on a cruise for 5 days without getting sick..so thankful for how well I felt the whole vacation...it makes me think that some of this nausea must come from waking up and going to walmart for work on a daily basis

Thanks to Alexis she has asked a couple more questions that I thought would be fun to add to the mix!

*Is working out harder? haven't noticed that anything has gotten harder...I avoid harder workouts like boot camp because I know that it pushes me to a level that where I can hardly breathe and am not good at taking it easy so I have avoided that class for the most part..but I attend all my other classes regularly just noticed that it's harder getting up to go the the gym than it was before!

*What has been unexpected in pregnancy? first, I thought I would be hugging the toilet a lot more than I have (haven't thrown up once)...didn't realize how pregnancy affected your bowels and how painful and miserable a pregnant girl's life can be sometimes...and third I guess I thought I would be thinking about being pregnant 24/7 but sometimes when I am feeling great I completely forget that I am even pregnant and then I remember and smile : )

*Have you thought of any names? Ohhh the name saga..well it was fun at first until Brad and I decided to not like the same names and now I like to refer to the baby by the names I like and he doesn't get a kick out of that at all..so hopefully we can put our heads together and come up with some good names

Nursery updates? Well I think I have envisioned exactly how the nursery will look for boy or girl so I just can't wait to find out so I can go to work!...We did get out first baby gift this past week which was from my godfather (Uncle Terry) and Aunt Marion and it's a beautiful fleur-di-lis embroidered bib that I just love! We also bought out first 2 books for the baby which we can't wait to read!

Well we will be updating pictures of our trip soon and we leave for the Lake on Friday to go visit the Dixons at their new home and get to visit with Alexis and Michael as well...can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment