Tuesday, January 11, 2011

4 weeks old!














I count my weeks by Wednesdays...so today has officially 4 weeks since Crawford was born. It seems like the first 2 weeks went by soo slowly. I just didn't seem to make many things "click" with being a mom. It seemed like each day was a new challenge and I didn't seem to be figuring out little Crawford. Well since the 1st of January I really have calmed down a bit. My anxiety of being a new mom has subsided and I really am enjoying my days much more. Don't get me wrong I have been trying to get Crawford to sleep for the past 4 hours without much success but again..overall I have had a lot of progress with figuring out when he is hungry and when he is fussy and when he is just overly tired. Am I perfect at calming him right away? No not always but I sure do feel more confident in my efforts.
I have really enjoyed these past 2 snow days because Brad has been home and it is so nice to have someone else help out with Crawford. He has mastered the diaper change with little explosions and messed up outfits (thank goodness) and he has become more patient when Crawford is fussy. I have gotten a few more peaceful moments. When Brad goes and gets Crawford and changes his diaper before I feed him (this 5-10 minutes of peace) is sooo helpful...every little bit of help is greatly appreciated! I am still working hard to get Crawford to suck on a paci. I really think he just always wants to suck and I know I mistake this for feeding sometimes but when I try everything and he is still not calming down of course feeding him always helps...so I will continue to work on the paci so that I don't feel like a feeding factory every minute of every day! I won't go into too much detail on his developments because of course I have to do the monthly post here in 3 days!

This past weekend Brad moved Cathleen from Savannah to Atlanta and since I was alone with Crawford Janet came to stay with me on Friday night and got to see Crawford misbehaving at night (his favorite time to not settle down is from about 7-midnight) so it makes for a very frustrating and trying time of the day! ....She stayed in the morning with me before Alexis arrived. Crawford woke up around 7 am and then never really took a nap all day. I was pretty stressed out considering I had Alexis here with a screaming baby and Hewy and Laura were on their way. I kept trying everything to get him to sleep but with 2 car drives around town and a 15-30 minute cat nap I had a screaming, fussy baby and friends who wanted to hold him. I kept just praying he would finally fall asleep....it was Laura's idea to set him in his carrier on top of the dryer....and it WORKED! So the girls and I got to enjoy some pizza and watched a couple of tv shows before he was up again. It was so nice to visit with the girls I just wish they could have visited with a calm Crawford a little more!






















La They were all so cute with Crawford and Laura helped with diapers and nail filing and Alexis and Hewy were constantly giving him attention!

















I was going pretty stir crazy again by Sunday so Brad and I got an early start to the day and took Crawford out for some errands. Since I am still a little too scared to take Crawford out in the midst of flu season we have a great time riding around and taking turns getting out to run the errand. I got to hop out and venture in the mall for 15 minutes and then we made a quick stop to Babies-R-Us, Kohls, and Ann Taylor Loft...he lasted a good 2 hours and mommy felt soooo much better! The Ballews, Brian, Amy, and Hope stopped by when we got home and imagine this Crawford slept the WHOLE time...I think it was a 3.5 hour nap! Normally when he even hears new voices this little guy is wide-eyed and ready to show out!

I even got a good nap in Sunday evening while keeping a close eye on my little guy!










We woke up to this on Monday which made me sooo excited because we love some snow in this house...but best of all Brad got to stay home!






















I just had to get Crawford outside but I knew it couldn't be for long because it was soo cold so we bundled him up and made a couple of pictures so that he could remember this snow that kept us trapped inside for 3 days+ (who am I kidding we have been trapped basically inside for 4 weeks but whose counting ...ME!!!) ...I am dyyyying to go to the gym and I seriously will make it there sometime this week ...I am not the video workout kind of girl...I need to put on my workout clothes, get in the gym mindset, and drive to the gym, get real sweaty and come home...so I just CAN'T wait for my first post baby workout even if it is just a walk on the treadmill or an easy elliptical workout!


























We have been working on tummy time ...Crawford really likes this position for about 10 minutes and then he get so unglued that he can flip himself right onto his back! It was hilarious to watch Brad document this on video the first time..I wasn't in the room and Brad just kept encouraging him to flip and he flipped all the way over to his back! Yaaay Crawford!















No comments:

Post a Comment