Thursday, January 27, 2011

Crawford's 1st Road Trip














Well we embarked on Crawford's first road trip at about 4:30 on Thursday January 20th. We bundled him up and mommy sat in the back seat of our new car (which I guess I have forgotten to mention...got a 2009 Acadia back on Dec. 30th we love it!) ...Crawford quieted down once we started moving and literally didn't make a peep until we were inside of Corinne's house a little after 7. Daddy had to go to the bathroom since about Hendersonville and if you know Brad holding it for 2+ hours is not something he ever does...

Well the moment we stepped in the house of course Ryan was in love...she loved her adorable baby cousin Crawford (as she had been expecting his arrival)..she wanted to share her toys and hold him...what we didn't expect was for Hayden to be mesmorized by him...I mean she just followed Crawford wherever he went...When I began to feed him she was literally crawling up my leg to see him..everytime she would see him she would give him kisses all over (really just open her mouth and slobber on him but just as cute!)....She loved poking him she wanted to poke his eyes, his ears, anywhere on his face...I mean I had no idea she would even realize he was there..it was soo sweet and soo adorable!














Ryan wanted to help with every diaper change and she would always go grab one of his diapers and then make sure everything was clean she kept taking his dirty things and "washing" them in the bathroom aka she would bring them back soaking wet...thank you Ryan...














Both girls just loved kissing on him...literally without any cues these girls just loved on him...of course Ryan acted like the adult and would be like "Hayden gentle...Hayden don't touch" She would say things like "You are so adorable little Crawford...Ok little Crawford be quiet.."














Crawford wasn't on his best behavior during our visit though...he stayed pretty fussy and wanted to eat all the time....what else is new?!




























Crawford is 6 weeks old now and finally has started to settle down...in the last week he has taken naps throughout the day (in his swing ...which is brand new he used to just sit quietly for max 10 minutes and then he would be screaming...now he naps in his swing...man we couldn't be happier!)...

Over the last week he has slept 8 hours --TWICE (once from 11-6:40) and the other from (10-5:50) ...I mean I know it won't be every night but knowing that he can make it 8 hours between feedings is amazing...BUT ..the catch is Mister Fussy himself starts getting fussy about 5 every afternoon and we begin feeding/burping/diaper changing...and this cycle literally goes from 5-10,11, midnight..whenever he falls asleep so it's a LOT of work to get some sleep...but I'll take what I can get that's for sure! I am soo proud of him and just loving that he is finally settling down and becoming this little person that I see change each and every day! I couldn't love him anymore...sometimes even after feeding him and being up for long stretches at night he will decide to fall asleep while I am burping him and I literally just hold him against my chest and just love this special time I get to spend with him as I am sure it will disappear just as fast.















He really knows when I am about to feed him...at least I think he does...when he starts screaming and letting me know that he's hungry I change his diaper and as I do I calm him down and let him know that we are just getting him comfortable so we can go eat and he just stays so calm and I talk him all the way through until I get situated and ready to feed him and he just stays calm and that's how I know that he understands I am his mommy right now!














We work on tummy time every now and then...I thought I would be this stickler for tummy time and he would spend 10-15 minutes on his tummy each and every day...well that doesn't really happen but every now and then when he is in a good mood I'll put him on his tummy and give him some good practice of strengthening his upper body...he already has great head control and I am sure with much more tummy time practice he will continue to get stronger!















No comments:

Post a Comment