Tuesday, September 20, 2011

9 months

Dear little Crawford I just want to freeze time...this has to by far be my favorite age so far. You know who we are and get so excited when we walk into a room. You are just our little explorer and now I can talk about the things you can't do rather than the things you can do because you are into everything!! You can open cabinet doors, turn on the water, close doors, climb stairs, move trashcans and objects across the floor. You are soo curious and just get into everything. Seeing your smile in the morning truly makes my day. I may even wake you up to feed you before work just because I can't stand not seeing you until the evening. We love your adorable growl and your constant babble. I just can't believe we are rounding the corner to your first birthday. As always there is never enough time in the day to spend with you and I find myself keeping you up late just so I can watch you grin and giggle. You have finally come around and decided that cuddling is cool and I just love when you need to take a break from your constant movement and lay your head on my chest and suck your little fingers. I am still so grateful for your health and your happiness and just treasure each day I have with you!





9 month Stats:









  • Weight- 17.5 pounds (7th percentile--we now have evidence of how much you move around because you are quite the eater but you burn it all off!)



  • Height- 28 inches (39th percentile)



  • Eating-- you are still breastfed and decided to stop taking bottles this month. You will take an ounce or two from your bottle but really want nothing to do with it. This has been good and bad..I have gotten to stop pumping 4 times a day but I worry when I leave you that you won't eat. So I have been coming home everyday during my break and feeding you and I enjoy this set-up so much more. You just eat up your baby food though. You eat all stage 2 foods (and always prefer the fruits over the veggies--thank goodness for the new packs that mix both into one) You love our food as well (anything we are eating you want) You really love canteloupe and pineapple (but your very favorite are mandarin oranges). You like shredded cheese and pieces of our bread. I give you little bites of pretty much anything we are eating and love to see your reaction. You tried juice this month and of course loved it (but I'm hoping to just give you water for now so that you enjoy drinking water over juice)



  • Sleeping-- You still sleep through the night from about 9-10 to 8-9. We have had a couple of bouts of you standing up in your crib and screaming and then we just put you in our bed and you are out like a light (I love having a few nights of you cuddling up with me but am glad that it has not become a habit). You nap much more on a schedule for me now. You are ready for a nap by about 10 and sleep for about 1.5 hours. The afternoon nap is hit or miss. If we are out running errands you will just cat nap in the car but for grandpa you usually take another 1-2 hour nap around 3 or 4.



  • You wear size 3 diapers



  • You wear 6-12 month or 9 month clothes. You haven't outgrown any of your summer clothes yet and 12 months clothes are still way too big



  • You still love bath time except now you want to stand and turn on the water and pull everything into the tub



  • You got your first tooth at about 8.5 months and it was a fussy week leading up to it breaking through but since then you have been so happy



  • You learned to crawl up the whole flight of stairs (on your first try you made it to the top)



  • You are liking tv a little more but still won't sit for more than 10 minutes to watch all the animation



  • We upgraded your carset to a convertible seat and you are still rear-facing



  • You love to talk and hear yourself...still aren't saying any real words just babbling daa-daa and baa-baa.



  • You do this hilarious growl and anyone who sees you knows your adorable growl



  • I love how you reach for us when we come to get you out of bed or to pick you up--I have looked forward to this for so long



  • We have gotten you to wave a few times and it is soo precious.

  • I just love when daddy puts you to sleep. After I feed you at night you are all limb and asleep and he takes you into your room and I watch from the monitor as he makes sure you are comfortable on your tummy and pulls your blue blanket around you and he always fixes it a few times to make sure you are good and covered -so sweet

  • Another fun game to play is "where's Crawford?" and then we pull down whatever we are hiding behind and you just giggle--your laugh is just precious

  • My very favorite thing this month has to be that you like to snuggle so close to me and I just rub your back and it's like you are my little baby that needs his mommy and I love it more than anything (I of course love when you think I am leaving or you want me instead of anyone else and you cry until I come and get you--all the little reminders of how I am your mommy and you need me as much as I need you!)

Pictures this month just show a glimpse of a morning with C


Smiles from your chair





  • Aunt Cat just adores you and always wants to see you-I just love how she calls to check on you each and every day!



    Adventure 1 of the day -climbing the stairs---check


    Adventure 2--pull up at the window and slam the blinds against the window until you get your little body wedged between the window and the blinds--check


Adventure number 3-help mommy load the dishwasher aka try to lift the who bottom shelf up and out of the dishwasher-check



You never stop and you just don't want to miss a second of your life---you want to be awake and moving if we are and you never take a moment to rest. We love you so much and can't wait to see what next month has in store ! love you C!


No comments:

Post a Comment