Sunday, November 7, 2010

34 weeks!

Worked on some organizing of the baby's room and started purchasing baby products this week! We had some coupons for huggies and since we haven't gotten to decide whether we are "huggies" people or "pampers" people we decided we won't discriminate! You should have seen Brad's face when he saw the price on the diapers...guess our "going out to dinner" fund is about to turn into baby diaper fund!
This is my Crawford shrine so far...since you all know how obsessed I am with monograms and seeing his adorable name...I just wanted these items out to look at every day!

Crawford even has some toys awaiting him when he arrives!
After the baby shower this past weekend we had so much organizing to do. I had a great time showing Brad all of the generous and thoughtful gifts and he had fun playing with all of the "toys" we got!
Since our adult decorated bathroom had to go we started working on Crawford's new bathroom compliments of Sissy.
I can't believe I decided on green and yellow...not usually my style but I just couldn't resist all this adorable alligator and green gingham!

Sissy did such a great job making this adorable shower curtain and finding the perfect matching accesories!

This is where the whole inspiration for the bathroom came from. Pottery barn never disappoints!

Well as sad as it is for me to not have my "fruit" picture of the week...the fruit was a LARGE canteloupe...well the largest canteloupe I could find this time of year was definitely smaller than last week's pineapple...so no fruit this week! Instead my first maternity sweater and 34 week belly sticker!

*How far along? 34 weeks
*Total weight gain? Still holding at 25 pounds...definitely going to make sure I do not eat anything bloat worthy until my appointment on Wednesday
*How big is the baby? about 22 inches (he has reached his height max at this point..although I don't even think some babies come out this long?) and 5.5 pounds...equivalent to a large canteloupe
*Maternity clothes? Still enjoying all of my comfortable clothes...looks like this week all of my long sleeved clothing will begin to replace the short sleeve shirts.
*Sleep? I am still having no problem sleeping..this week I had my first cold and it was not fun because when I woke up to pee I could not fall back asleep because of some cold symptom bothering me
*Best moment this week? I have to say that his 1-3 hiccup sessions seriously make my day. It never gets old and I love feeling his hiccups each and every time!
*Movement? I almost get nervous he moves so much. Well at least when I am laying or sitting down. I always think I know exactly where each little body part is and I think it will be fun when the doctor starts to point out exactly where he is indeed. I swear I thought his head flipped again from my ribs back down to my bladder and then back up all in the matter of 24 hours. I don't know if this is possible but if so my little buddy still has plenty of moving room. Sometimes at work I get nervous because I will all of the sudden have this feeling like "oh no I haven't felt him all day" but he always makes up for it when I get home and in bed...so maybe I am just rocking him to sleep in my crazy days at walmart?!
*Food cravings? This past week I have really enjoyed my oat and honey granola bars. I also have really liked hot tea (probably due to my cold) but Crawford HATES caffeine and if I even drink a little bit I feel so sick...so no more pumpkin spice lattes...sooo sad!
*What I miss? I feel slower...haha like physically I feel like the old, large lady trying to make it through a store...sometimes I catch myself moving so slow and I am like wow I am really pregnant!
*What I am looking forward to? One more week until I am full term...this is soooooo crazy and exciting!
*Milestone? Brad really watching the baby move all around my stomach it is fun to have someone else experience this amazing feeling!
*Is working out harder? Well I attempted a new class called body attack and I seriously thought I hurt Crawford because I pushed my intensity level to a whole new place...wonder if this class is going to kick my butt this bad after being prego...I am still spinning and elliptical and taking walks so everything is still fine otherwise.
*What has been unexpected? My calves seriously have this tearing pain in them if I stand more than 15 minutes. Even running errands today did a number of my legs...I was just wearing normally comfortable flats but I had to soak my legs in epsom salt when we got home because my legs felt so painful. It's so weird because I go to work and I get pretty used to standing up but it seems like if I do not have the proper leg gear and foot gear on I am in intense pain.
*Nursery? Well still procrastinating on the final decorations but hopefully will order the picture frames this week. Also need to find a hamper..silly I know but they are all little mini hampers and they are not made for adults putting clothes in them so I haven't found one that I like at all.
I go for my 35 week check up on Wednesday and they will perform a strep B test to see if they need to hang antibiotics during the delivery of the baby and I am hoping to ask the doctor to show me where all of the baby's body parts are so I can stop assuming that I am putting the headphones in the right place...I also hope she will start estimating the baby's weight only because I will think it is fun even though I know they are normally not right! I love getting the 2 week check mark on baby and it always brightens my week. I have to work this coming weekend so it will probably be a very uneventful week otherwise!

2 comments:

  1. This is the final countdown.... dun-nuh! (I was singing the song as I was writing that...)

    I can't believe everything is pretty much in place and that you will are 35 weeks. NUTS! And so, incredibly exciting!! I love all of Crawford's monogrammed stuff and can't wait until your next shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Britt said- the bathroom is so cute! Who thought we would ever think gators are cute?! (still...boo Florida!)

    I can't wait to see you next week and be there for the final countdown!! ...and of course, more cute little gifts :-)

    ReplyDelete