Thursday, November 18, 2010

36 Weeks


This past week has definitely been the week where I have felt the biggest change in my size...I just feel like whoa I'm prego! It's harder to move around and I feel like my stomach just got bigger (this may just be a feeling because as I compare photos I don't notice a huge difference) but needless to say I am definitely 36 weeks pregnant and feeling so excited for Crawford's arrival... A great memory of pregnancy tonight as I ask Brad if we can go to Wild Wings because I want to be healthy and get a grilled chicken salad...well dinner turns into buff chips, then a salad...THEN "the chocolate thing" ...let's just say 2 huge brownies, ice cream, chocolate syrup you name it and guess what? we ate it all! ..the ultimate prego move...I mean who orders dessert at wild wings?!
Had a good doctor visit today...strep B test was negative so no antibiotics...had to pay my 20% copay for delivery of the baby so that made it feel real, saw a new doctor and she said I am having reflux and wrote me Zantac Rx (I think it's funny that I didn't even tell her my symptoms but the technician who weighs me and she walks in with a Rx ...doctors these days will just prescribe meds at the drop of a hat...so I may try some OTC and see if that is what is really causing my nausea but I was just thinking it was a case of the first trimester symptoms returning..who knew it could be reflux?! Next week they have ordered a positioning ultrasound to make sure Crawford is in the right place and that makes me soo happy because I just can't wait to see how big he has gotten since the last time I saw him at 20 WEEKS! (Of course I have a bit of anxiety because I am always anxious to see and hear that he is perfectly healthy ..cross your fingers!) Next week also begins the first week of a check-up where they try to tell you if you are effaced and/or dilated so it will all be exciting!...
I am soo excited to see all of our friends and family tomorrow night I can't even wait!!!

Well Brad decided not to stop and let me take a picture with a watermelon (which I am not even sure I will be able to find at this time of year but the fruit photo will follow tomorrow!)

*How far along? 36 weeks
*Total weight gain? we are eliminating this category let's say I didn't gain any from last week and I hope that I am done gaining the lb's...highly unlikely but I will get sad even thinking about the work I am going to have to do to lose this baby weight!
*How big is the baby? he coule weight 6.5 pounds (crazy!), he could be 19-22 inches long, and a whopping WATERMELON (although I think it's funny how we went from a canteloupe to watermelon!)
*Maternity clothes? I haven't bought any new clothes in a good couple of weeks...stocked up on some sweaters and long sleeved shirts and hope I can make it the rest of the way with what I have.
*Sleep? Thanks to good ole tempur pedic sleep has been great..just nauseated before bed for the past week but nothing a little phenergan hasn't corrected.
*Best moment this week? hearing that I get one more ultrasound next week and every day feeling him move or hiccup ...it just NEVER gets old!
*Movement? He is a mover...it's so funny because for so long I have really just felt all of the movement on my left side...but not I am feeling him in the center and to the right so I am just curious how that happened...he is still head down and luckily not causing too much discomfort down there yet!
*Food cravings? well this week thank you ghiradelli brownies for making me feel complete! I have been craving a wrap from applebees or wild wings...then I go to wild wings and order a salad...only in pregnancy! I still love some granny smith apples and all sorts of cereals...seems like I want a new one every day so Brad has been buying me the single serving cereals just to allow me to indulge in these minute cravings!
*What I miss? Wow how can I miss anything when all I can look forward to is meeting little Crawford...I couldn't be any happier right now!
*What I am looking forward to? Seeing Crawford in my tummy next Wednesday!
*Milestone? I still haven't missed a day of work from being pregnant and I am proud of the fact that 10-12 hour days at walmart haven't killed me both physically and emotionally haha!
*Is working out harder? I am definitely slowing down a bit...spin class was ridic hard on Monday...elliptical made me nauseous on Tuesday (I stopped 5 min. early), decided to take Wednesday off since I worked 9-9, then had a great day of elliptical training and lunges, squats, shoulder presses, and tricepts today...tomorrow I will tackle body combat and see how the intense cardio is going...doctor reassured me today that I am perfectly fine to continue all classes and that if my body is ever telling me to stay home and lay on the couch -I should opt for the couch...but this never happens in my mind...if I think couch ...I think 3 mile walk...but I think it's whatever makes you feel good...and working out makes me feel great!
*Nursery? His picture frames are hung, the ottoman arrived and hopefully with the girl's help tomorrow we will put some finishing touches to the nursery and maybe do a little shopping...although someone needs to keep me off of etsy as the other night I went on to buy a gown and left with a monogrammed pillow for his glider, a monogrammed towel, monogrammed shoes, the bear hat for his photos...paypal really likes me right now!

Well can't wait to report back after the amazing weekend we are about to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment