Thursday, November 25, 2010

Well we have now officially made it full term buddy! I couldn't be any happier than knowing that I am so much closer to meeting my new little best friend! I was excited to have a "positional ultrasound" this week. The sonographer said normally she would have shown us where the head was and been done but since it was slow she spent a good amount of time with us showing all of Crawford's latest developments. His head is in the right position and he is actually "low" meaning the reason the doctor may have been unsure of where he is was because his head was probably lower than she anticipated...great news for us for now..hopefully gravity will keep him down that way from here on out! He was cute as a button but kept his hand in front of his face even after much poking from Brad so we did not get very good 4d pictures but below you can see half of his face and his adorable smile. The blob looking object is his hand right over his face! This is his updated profile shot and he sure was poking those little lips out!



The doctor said he would check to see if I'm dilated next week as he said "if I make it till next week" kinda made me think hmmm make it till next week?? I thought that was a no brainer! Anyways, I am still doing just find allowing him to grow and enjoy feeling his every move...I have not gotten to the miserable point where I just want to be holding him and can't move or breathe....I can't wait for that to happen but I am certainly feeling up to letting nature take its course! Today was the first morning I woke up feeling little cramps and I don't know if I have had my first dose of Braxton Hicks contractions or if I am experiencing gas pains but it felt very similar to the pain I felt back in July. I had a nauseous bout this afternoon that sent me to the bed to try and relieve them so I am wondering what I am feeling? It is sort of odd and I just feel off...hoping a good night's sleep will have me restored!
We enjoyed a great Thanksgiving lunch at Brad's parents house and it was wonderful having his family and mine (minus Cathleen) all there to celebrate together. Ryan and Hayden have been sooooo much fun to have and I truly look forward to waking up each morning and seeing their smiling faces! I just wish I got to see them more frequently for this length of time. They have such different little personalities and I love them both so very much!
37 Week Update
*How far along? 37 weeks
*Total weight gain? 30 pounds...I have hit the dreaded 30 lb mark..something I SERIOUSLY did not think would happen...I thought no probelm I will NOT gain more than 20 pounds...but I couldn't be happier to see his healthy little self and all that weight just didn't even mean a thing!
*How big is the baby? He is still growing about an ounce a day (or half a pound a week) and right now they estimated him to weight 6 pounds 14 ounces ( I really look forward to seeing if their estimate is correct or not!)
*Maternity clothes? Still loving wearing these comfy clothes but find it funny how the clothes I thought would always be too big are now inching up shorter and shorter on my torso
*Sleep? Waking up about 3 times a night...this used to bother me so much but I am totally used to it now and believe it will be great practice for those middle of the night feedings!
*Best moment this week? Of course seeing precious little Crawford. It was amazing to see his darling face, his 4 chamber heart beating away, his little feet moving around, his chest rising and falling as his took in breaths...aww it just warmed my heart!
*Movement? I still feel him all in my right side (and I was correct that he had moved over that way) I did think it was funny that even his head is on my right side because I swear I feel his little hiccups off the left side.
*Food cravings? I have drank 3-4 cups of chocolate milk this week (100% not me at all!) but find it funny that a big cold glass tastes so delicious! Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate galore..I love it in pretty much any shape or form! Just needs to be fresh and really not candy..ok I have my preferences but I will certainly take what I can get!
*What I miss? I miss my legs and back not constantly aching...If I stand even long enough in the shower my calves have this shooting pains up and down them...then when I go to sit in a chair my back just throbs the pains are equally annoying because I feel them both constantly..really laying in the bed in the only cure for both pains
*What I am looking forward to? I am looking forward to getting his car seat and being able to look behind me and see where he will shortly be riding all the time, I can't wait to buy his video monitor tomorrow, I can't wait to see how and when he decides to arrive!
*Milestone? I made it full term with as far as we know a HEALTHY baby...how could I be so blessed ?!?!
*Is working out harder? getting pretty ridiculous...I could hardly balance my weight on the spin bike this week..it seemed like I was not able to support my heaving stomach and the handlebars very well..it made for a very uncomfortable ride...whenever family is here I certainly slack off but I still have not gone more than 2 days without a walk or some form of a workout and will cotinue trying! I have even added lunges and squats to hopefully help out the labor process!
*Nursery? Well right now it is Hayden's room..It seems so crazy that this peaceful, serene room has been taken over by my wild 18 month old niece...but hey we will spend the weekend getting it back in order so that Crawford comes home to a spotless nursery. We have put together our diaper genie (thanks to the Davis's), put our changing table and pad up on the dresser (thanks to the Harris's) and just need to find some place to keep the diapers and make sure all boxes and presents are put away1
I am soo thrilled to be playing the waiting game..and really can't wait to meet Crawford! I do still need to back my hospital bag and get some things for the hospital but I am mentally, physically and emotionally estatic about meeting Crawford whenever he decides to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment