Thursday, December 2, 2010

FULL TERM!


These are actually pictures from the end of 37 weeks...After spending a whole week with my nieces and sister (which I still need to post pictures from their visit!) Brad and I knew we needed to get things in order in case Crawford decided to make an early appearance. We spent some time gathering last minute items (car seat, video baby monitor *I love this*, humidifier, thermometer, mattress pad, etc) It was fun to go back through our registry and see what items we were missing. It was fun to test out the monitor with Hayden. I slept with it right my bed and got so excited if I heard her breathe or move. I would wake right up and peek at her. Unfortunately the monitor died in the middle of the night (obviously I hadn't charged it up properly) but I missed Hayden's wailing in the middle of the night (for this Brad is thankful!) I just missed my nieces so much the 2 days I had to go to work and I can't imagine the feeling I will have everytime I am not with Crawford. I hope that I will just treasure every second I have with him for the simple fact that I will not get enough time with him!
So here is a look at my stomach with an estimated 6 pound 14 ounce baby in it! He sure is crowding my upper torso making it extremely difficult to find comfort when sitting! This was my first maternity purchase and was a fun way to end the regular football season gameday. I sported my top around town and just loved having people read it!


I am so glad Crawford and I have decided that he is going to be a little bulldawg one day!


So BIG news in the Redd household...I officially got my braces off and below I am just gleaming! I was so excited to take a picture I think I carried the camera with me everywhere waiting for a good photo opp! I am still not 100% happy with my teeth but I do DEFINITELY think the braces did more work than the whole 6 months of invisilign so since I am 90% happy with the way things turned out and I got my braces off before the baby was born..again no complaints! I played a trick on Brad and told them the orthodontist wouldn't take them off yet...Brad was so mad! He seriously hated me having braces 10x more than I cared about wearing them (VERY weird I know!) Nonetheless, he was thrilled to see his prego wife return home with a brace free mouth!




We then got to head out with some friends for what could be our "last night out" I think we will have a couple more of those until Crawford enters the world...but it is fun to think that wow this could be the last night that we are out with friends just talking and having no worries or concerns! We went out for Ashley's birthday to her favorite restaurant in Greer called Bin112. The normal Nick/Ashley crowd was there as well and Brad didn't feel very well but I certainly enjoyed my night. No more braces + great report from the doctor + a work free day= a happy prego girl!



But......


I have finally made it! I can rest assured that whenever Crawford is ready to show his adorable face he will be healthy as well! I am just so anxious beyond belief. I am not miserable and I do not wake up wanting this pregnancy to be over...I simply am anxious to meet my little son! I am soo anxious about when the day will be here...will I feel different? Will he start doing something that makes me wonder if he is ready to come out? Will I get to the point where I am so miserable and ready for him to come?! Right now besides some pretty uncomfortable back pain and stomach pain I really can't comlain. It seems like when I become uncomfortable my mid back begins to just throb and so I try to shift around my weight and because he is so high in my torso I feel like from my belly button up is one giant bruise...I would definitely describe my days as increasingly uncomfortable but definitely not miserable! He keeps me so entertained while I am busy preparing and perfecting everything for his arrival! I had my 38 week check-up and I went through the normal motions...blood pressure -check (everything looks great), urine sample - no problems there, heart rate (perfect!), internal exam = NO DILATION! I truthfully wasn't surprised one bit as I haven't felt contractions or anything that has led me to believe that labor was in the works but still a girl can hope! He said my cervix has thinned a bit and that the baby continues to grow up and not out (hence my complete discomfort while sitting!) The doctor of course explained that anything can change at any moment and I can't help but always check for signs of labor...but no water breaking over here! No matter how many squats and lunges I do or how much spicy food I consume...he just must be very content hiccupping and staying warm in my belly! My bag is finally packed (really Crawford's bag with a pair of pajamas and socks for me!), his room is pretty much in order, we still don't know where Crawford will sleep the first couple of nights but hopefully we will get our pack n play in the next few days or figure something out! I am so over working and become desperate to leave after 5 hours but only 5 more work days ...I think I can ...I think I can...


38 Week update


*How far along? 38 weeks

*Total weight gain? 30 pounds...hoping just to hang out here until he comes...that probably means I shouldn't have gone and tried the new Wendy's fries today...oops!

*How big is the baby? At this point it is varies.. 19-22 inches and close to 7 pounds

*Maternity clothes? At this point my maternity shirts at getting shorter...I definitely feel larger and more different than I ever imagined...but I did purchase some nursing bras and tanks..who knew there was a whole line of "nursing" clothes...I'll just stick to tanks for now!

*Sleep? Whenever I wake up to pee (2-3 times a night) I feel sooo uncomfortable but I drift right back off to sleep...how I feel so bad for all those people who suffer from insomnia because I just haven't had much difficulty falling back asleep!

*Best moment this week? Getting my braces off..it was like a whole new wave of confidence for the prego over here...thank you Dr. Hamby!

*Movement? movement has definitely changed..I am just so large my stomach is always in the way...I feel more wavelike movement almost as his whole body moves I can feel it...the hiccups while still there are much lower now and I don't feel them as much or as strong as before. His little feet are very distinguishable and I can 100% feel those little feet jab me...soo sweet! Sometimes I feel like my whole stomach vibrates or shakes almost as you would imagine you would feel in an earthquake (except it's just the baby moving!) so while I still feel him...I feel my whole stomach move now and I miss those strong pulsating hiccups!

*Food cravings? I can't believe 9 months of pregnancy and the french fry queen just now today had a craving for them...(thank goodness right?!) ...had a little more nausea and reflux lately so have felt a little pickier lately about what I eat.

*What I miss? I miss that we are not getting to celebrate the holidays with friends and attend Christmas parties (or at least we can't plan on attending at this point) but there is always next year right?!

*What I am looking forward to? The day, the moment, that second of my life when I know it's "go" time...I just can't wait for it....ha but who knows if it will even come on its own...only time will tell!

*Milestone? full term with no complications...a very blessed girl !

*Is working out harder? I have a very positive outlook on the benefits of working out right now so it has been more motivating to make sure I get a great workout in. Therefore, the past couple of days have not been too bad other than the fact that my legs tire out much quickly than I have ever been accustomed to...halfway through step class I thought I wasn't going to be able to reach the riser from the ground...that's kinda sad but comes with the territory I suppose.

*Nursery? It's ready...still wish the dresser looked a little more presentable but love his little letters above his bed and can't wait to walk in there and see his precious face every day!


Well not much going on in our lives this weekend...I have to work until Monday which means 0 free time until then! I will continue to hope that labor comes just to swoop in and get me out of work but hope that my attitude will get me through this next week of work! I am hoping to practice using out new camera and read up on all the knowledge I can for those first few days with your new baby. Time to get some rest so that I can make it through the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. The time is here! WOW, I feel like your pregnancy went by so quickly! You look fantastic (by the way- I really like your hair that color) and I am so excited and can't wait to meet baby C! C'mon little buddy and get your mommy out of work :)

    ReplyDelete