Tuesday, December 14, 2010

40 Weeks ....Induction Time

Well I finally made it! 40 Weeks! December 13th (the due date) came and went and I will be induced tomorrow December 14th. I will be calling the hospital at 5 am (after of course waking up at 4 to get showered, put on my make-up, straighten hair--that's right there will be lots of cameras tomorrow and I need to look my best at least for the first half of the day!) I am so excited but haven't gotten that nervous feeling yet so I am just waiting for the anxiety bug to get me. After watching Corinne have Hayden I really feel that the environment is so well controlled in these inductions that there is nothing to fear. Of course once he arrives I will be preoccupied with a whole new long list of worries but until that time comes I really am just excited about meeting the little guy. For the past couple of days he has been pushing vigorously against my bladder. Usually if I stand up from any seated position it's to the bathroom I go. It's annoying but funny because it just means he's getting that much closer to being in my arms. I anticipate I will wake up pretty much every hour tonight (I have been waking up every 2 hours to pee so I am sure that his position mixed with the excitement should make for a fun night!) I spent my last 2 days enjoying what I have always enjoyed doing on my days off...I woke up at 7:50 went to the gym at 8:30 (took my last spinning class for a long time) and came home, did some laundry, showered and was off to meet Brad for an early lunch. We always spend my days home from work enjoying a nice lunch together and I hope the tradition will continue once Crawford gets a little older. I usually do any combination of things after-- visit the shops at Greenridge to browse around (Swoozies, handpicked, Smith&James, more recently Buy Buy Baby (before it was Ann Taylor loft and White House/Black Market) then I sometimes stop by the mall, get a pedicure or stop by Kohls or Hobby Lobby...well I have done a combination of all of of these things the past 2 days (so needless to say I will miss leaving the house at 8 and coming home sometime after 5). I am also nervous about going stir crazy (not that I think Crawford won't keep me plenty busy enough but seriously the ONLY time I am at home for a whole day is when Corinne and the munchkins are here) Again, I get that it's hard to pack up and get out with the kids but this is going to be a HUGE adjustment for me. For Brad he will enjoy the time at home I am very worried about how I will handle this being at home routine.

I am so excited to get back home and settled though. I can't wait to hold him ALL THE TIME, change his little diapers, carry around his monitor, and wash his adorable clothes, watch him sleep peacefully, try out all of our slings/carriers, keep him entertained...nervous for the crying and calming him and the nursing part but everything else will be so rewarding and a great learning experience.

Ok well back to tomorrow, I haven't really formed any expectations of how it will go. I expect to lay there in a little discomfort and I pray that Crawford experiences no distress but I don't have a time in mind that I think I will push for or a time when I think he will be born. I am overjoyed and all I keep thinking is "oh my goodness he is NOT going to be in my tummy anymore" starting tomorrow. I have waited so long to meet him and I can't wait to see Brad's reaction and see how he loves this adorable little human that I have bonded with so much over the past 9 months!


Let's hear about Brad's expectations: I expect to be very tired when we go in at 5:00am in the morning. Nah, I'm pretty excited about heading to the hospital in the morning. I am curious to see how the process works of putting the IV of Pitocin in Christen, the contractions, the epidural and how long she is in labor; then the whole delivery process is another story. I hope that I can stomach watching everything. I plan to try and watch the delivery but I'm not sure how my body will react. But it's an experience I don't want to miss. I pray that Christen will have a smooth delivery. She is one of the strongest people I've ever met so I'm sure she'll do fine. Most of all, I want to see what my lil buddy is gonna look like. I've never personally witnessed a miracle but I will tomorrow. The future I'm sure will hold lots of waking up in the middle of the night, dirty diapers that smell like landfills and crying, lots of it, but it will all be worth it. I can't wait to meet my new best friend and have a family of 3!


We were really excited to put together our infant carrier and stroller and I was having fun pushing it around!













No comments:

Post a Comment