Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I sure look happy to be 39 weeks prego with no signs of a baby on the way! Only kidding..he is still hibernating in my tummy (I guess happy as can be) ...he has decided to hover on my right side almost exclusively ...so I usually have a pretty lopsided belly...he still moves a ton though. I never thought that my shirts really would hardly fit over my stomach but here is a great picture of how when your stomach grows your shirts really do struggle to fit over your whole torso!



Here is the new artwork above Crawford's crib. The artist did an AMAZING job and they sure compliment his color scheme quite well!



Well the photo shoot props have begun to arrive. Here is a look at the adorable bear outfit although I am sure that it will look much cuter covering little Crawford in his first photo shoot!


Here a couple of Crawford's first shoes...Some adorable boots and some monogrammed "shoopers"


A couple of more hats to keep him warm. Hopefully he is going to be here by Christmas so that he can wear this adorable santa hat. I just love penguins and can't wait to dress him in this hat and matching outfit!


If you haven't noticed I am obsessed with monogrammed goods. I would monogram absolutely everything if Brad wasn't constantly staring over my shoulder as I shop on Etsy. Again, I sure hope he arrives in time to wear his reindeer onesie with matching red pants!

We wanted to get Crawford a matching stocking and after waiting for the website from last year to release their stockings I was thrilled that he would have a matching stocking. Well apparently the sizing changed this year and his stocking is slightly larger...oh well guess we have to stuff more goodies in their for him!



An adorable ornament with his name on it. I always remember loving the "My first Christmas" ornaments with the year 1983 ...so I hope he finds these just as special!




Another sweet Crawford ornament with the year 2010 on it.


I just love this guy. We bought him on Black Friday and I have been enjoying him in our room until Crawford arrives. Little Elle puffs out moisture into the air. very cute!



Well today should "HOPEFULLY" mark the last day of work for me. If Crawford decides to come sometime between now and Monday of if the doctor tells me tomorrow that they will induce me sometime next week then I will officially start my maternity leave on Monday. If tomorrow the doctor tells me that there has been little progress and that they would prefer to wait to induce me until week 41 (which could be December 20th or later) then I will try to work another week so that my leave does not start until he actually arrives. Walmart is surely making this so difficult. I am so anxious for my appointment tomorrow because I keep hoping for the great news that we can check into the hospital and await his arrival ...but the realistic Christen says you are feeling no contractions and have experienced few signs of labor and therefore I truthfully feel that I will not be induced until week 41. I will hold out hope and post an update tomorrow!
39 Week Update
*How far along? 39 weeks
*Total weight gain? 30-32 pounds it seems to waver back and forth. This week I have noticed changes in my weight everyday...most weeks the weight remained constant before increasing by a pound or two so this has been interesting to see my weight sort of stabilize.
*How big is the baby? Still anywhere from
*Maternity Clothes? I am actually wearing my regular long sleeved shirts ...they fit over my tummy and are nice and stretchy so I am glad I did not buy too many warm sweaters because I truthfully haven't gotten very cold (which is SO abnormal for me) I finally feel like a normal human being that doesn't have to carry a winter coat around with me everywhere I go. I feel comfortable in a thin long sleeved shirt..it's nice.
*Sleep? I still sleep just fine...when I wake up I always notice that I am sleeping partially on my stomach and it feels sore and then I feel like I am hurting the baby but he usually starts moving when I go to the bathroom so I suppose I am not hurting him.
*Best moment this week? The worse moment would be this bad back pain that has started every day. Usually it is at night but sometimes if I try to run as few as 2 errands I am soo uncomfortable for the rest of the day. It has definitely slowed me down a whole lot. I have a ton of energy but with the back pain the bed seriously is the most comfortable place. I don't mind standing or walking around but sitting whether it be on the couch in the car or on the stool at work for even 15 minutes brings on this awful back pain. very strange and I do not like the discomfort at all. That has been the most troubling pain I have had and again I don't mean to complain because I know it could be much worse!
*Movement? He is stuck on the right side of my stomach and I love seeing how lopsided my stomach looks when I lay down. His hiccups aren't felt quite as well now that he has moved lower in my pelvis but when I do feel it at night they seem much stronger..weird observation. When he moves now it is not jabs here an there it feels like his whole body is moving and I can tell a shift in weight.
*Food cravings? jello...haha very weird but man I just can't get enough of this sugar-free berry treat! I haven't been able to figure out what I want to eat again and it drives me crazy. Unhealthy food has started to sound delicious and I don't like that either...self control...self control (and splurges here and there since I only have a short time to enjoy "eating for two."
*What I miss? I am sad we are missing out on Christmas festivities and I haven't had the stamina to stay out all afternoon driving around and shopping for gifts..so online shopping it is! Not nearly as fun but it works!
*What I am looking forward to? Having little Crawford!!!
*Milestone? no complications still at 39 weeks!
*Is working out harder? yes...very difficult..during spinning class I have to come out of the saddle as they call it more frequently because leaning over reaching for the handlebars can be very uncomfortable at times. I still feel amazing after a workout and while I don't take high intensity classes everyday when I do go to the classes I feel great. I have been enjoying walks as well anytime that Brad decides to join me and that always makes me feel energetic as well.
*Nursery? The nursery is finally straightened up and I am ready to bring him home!
Well I have to head to work and I can't even explain how weird it feels to not work after today. I have always had school or work since I was 15 so thinking about 10 weeks of being at home and nurturing and caring for a child is such a blessing and amazing feeling and I truly can NOT wait! I am so ready to be home learning how to be a mommy!











2 comments:

  1. YAY another post!! Hopefully the next one will say "baby Crawford is HERE" ;)

    You seriously do still look so great. I love all his monogrammed goodies, now if only he would show up and wear them!

    ps- LOVE that precious elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck at the doctor today!!! Loved the update and the elephant is precious. Love it, i might steal it. Can't wait to meet baby Crawford. Hey - maybe he'll have the same bday as you and me - or Brad's bday ;)

    ReplyDelete