Wednesday, December 22, 2010

1 Week Old!

Where has the first week gone? I cannot believe I had this beautiful baby 1 week ago!!! It was such a great day and I will cherish the day, the moment forever! I am so attached to little Crawford I just can't stand to leave his side. I like to be the one to feed him, comfort him, stay up with him...I just can't imagine missing a single moment in his life.

Crawford got to have an early Christmas from Aunt Corinne (by the way I can't wait to see what he calls her one day..not sure he will be able to make out Corinne!) Books...how fun it will be in a few short months to start reading to him
A santa outfit for next year..always great to have clothes for the future!

Tummy time crocodile!



So this was let's where as many Christmas outfits as we can because I like to pee through all of them..so outfit number 4 here you go buddy!



I had planned for daddy to have 12 days of Christmas..I started the 12 days of gifts for daddy the Monday you were born..I even brought a gift with us to the hospital..except that since you have been home I have completely not made this as special as I intended to. But since this afternoon was a little calmer I went and picked out what I thought would be daddy's favorite gift of the whole 12 days and you got to watch him open it..looks like daddy will just have more presents to open on Christmas!



Daddy is great at getting you to quiet down and then tries to lay you peacefully in the bassinet (the little bassinet downstairs you ok with it's the one upstairs that daddy slept in as a baby that you despise!) ...but needless to say you only stayed this peaceful for about 20 minutes...I think you might be the hungriest little baby ...when in doubt offer for Crawford to eat and it works like a charm..if you only wanted to sleep as much as you wanted to eat we would have a great situation going on. Since you are eating anywhere between 2-3 ounces in order to stay full for any long length of time..I normally try to just use breastmilk only during the day because it doesn't keep you full very long..during the night I supplement with some formula partially because you are soo lazy at night and will simply not latch and partially because I swear that formula sure let's you sleep a lot longer. Still trying to figure out how much I need to feed you each time but if you are up a lot during the day I am just fine with that!



I love your little baby gowns and how the swallow you up ( I think it's funny that I thought my 8 pound 7 ounce baby would not be able to wear newborn clothes..they somehow still seem to swallow you!) ...too bad this outfit lasted oh maybe 30 minutes..peed right up the back!




Well Crawford mommy and daddy survived the first week with you! You are healthy, beautiful, sweet and I could just cuddle with you if you were bigger..I am so overly grateful for you and as much as this lack of sleep and raging hormones has rattled me more than anything I have ever done before I really think the love I have for you trumps any challenge that this mommy task will bring. Can't wait for your first Christmas! What a great way to spend the holidays with my beautiful baby boy! Aunt Cat arrives tomorrow and we can't wait to see her again!





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post by an amazing mommy!! You look amazing in the family photos... & I can't wait to see his professional pics!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete