Sunday, December 26, 2010

Crawford's 1st Christmas

We ventured out Christmas Eve to run a couple of errands and Crawford was such an angel. He first watched with wide open eyes as we started out picking up the fried turkey and heading to Brad's parents house..then a couple minutes later the little man was out!



We had to have some Christmas fun with Crawford so we put him in his stocking. I hope one day he will think it's amazing that he once fit in his stocking!



Brad and I are so lucky to have received such a precious, sweet, and HEALTHY baby for Christmas!




I just love him more and more every day. I just stare at him in amazement!



Aunt Cat just loves her little buddy. She is seriously the baby whisperer. Sometimes I wonder what she is feeding him when I leave the room because he just sleeps so soundly for her...



Trying to get Crawford to stay awake a little in between feedings so that he doesn't stay up all night long! He is always either eating or sleeping and the only time he fusses is when he is hungry or when he poops or pees through his outfits (which happens a lot more than I expected!)



This is what I got to wake up to on Christmas morning. My sweet little baby boy. He has been nursing so well and I truly feel so blessed that I have sort of gotten the hang of breastfeeding..is it my favorite thing to do?..no probably not but I am constantly reading books and trying to keep a positive outlook on it and trying to feed Crawford just as much as I can!





I just love all of his Christmas outfits and can't believe that all of these adorable outfits I have been planning for him to wear are about to come to an end..Christmas is here and the time is going by so fast (well kind of ..doesn't feeel like it in the moment but saying he is 10 days old sounds crazy!!)

We packed up a ham that Cathleen made, hashbrown casserole, and all of the presents and headed to Brad's parents house . The cousins posed for a picture together.



So thankful for our first Christmas together with our new baby.



Grandpa opening his new laptop. Now he will be the one running Papa Doug's Daycare so it was only fitting that he have the internet within his fingertips. Now he will learn how to multitask...aka check golf scores and hold Crawford at the same time...from the couch!



Nana's house is about to be the party house...not only does she have the new minivan with 2 tvs and seat warmers in the back...she now has a Wii...so much for mom and dad being the cool ones!


Only fitting that Crawford receive a couple of useful gifts..considering even next year he will probably have NO idea what is going on...but thanks to Nana and Grandpa he can now be transported back and forth between vehicles easily!

Aunt Cat continued the spoil fest with more clothes for baby Crawford!

Aunt Cat also got him a monogrammed blanket and lovie with his date of birth on it..
Grandpa opening presents.



Crawford opening those eyes and trying to take to take in all the Christmas action!

More clothes for baby Crawford...I know it looks silly that I have my finger in his mouth...but it works like a charm to calm him down.
Grandpa spending some time with Crawford...I have a feeling that are going to be connected at the hip before long!



Hope and Crawford amongst all of the Christmas disaster...Everyone had such a great Christmas and I think I can speak for everyone that it was a wonderful day with the family!


Isn't she sweet...taking care of baby Crawford. Soon she's going to have her hands full with a new brother and a new cousin.

It's so nice to have family pictures taken...crazy to think 10 days ago he was that size but in my stomach! I love him so much!
Amy holding her new nephew.

It was the first White Christmas in Greenville since the 1960's I believe. We never made it back outside with him once the ground and streets were covered but we had to capture Crawford's first snow in camera!


Brad had a couple of surprises for me when we returned home on Christmas evening. He surprised me with 2 hot stone massages (he knows they are my favorite and I have missed them while I was pregnant.) I am hoping Brad will take me up on the offer and join me for the other one!


Since my 12 days of Christmas didn't go quite as planned for Brad he had 4 gifts to still open when Christmas rolled around...

Aunt Cat was busy taking care of Crawford while we indulged in some Christmas present opening!

Brad is the greatest person ever to get gifts for...I mean who gets excited about a cup...my husband is very sweet to humor me with his gratefulness!

I got him a new golf shirt and at least I know he is genuinely excited about this one..I am sure he is thinking great when are you going to let me out of the house to go golf!

We had some goodies for Aunt Cat as well..I was able to get her a ring that she had been eyeing and it really was stunning!


So after all the presents were done being unwrapped...Brad kept apologizing for not getting me anything....of course I reassured him that I didn't need anything other than a healthy baby and sweet supportive husband..he went and pulled out another gift and it was the David Yurman bracelet that matched the ring he gave me when Crawford was born. I was sooo shocked!

Of course it was perfect and I will always think of my new family when I wear both of them!

Just a couple snaps of the snow as it fell ALL night long on Christmas evening..it was truly the perfect ending to a great first Christmas with Crawford!

The next morning the ground was covered and it was just beautiful!


Hopefully the days and nights will become easier or I will become more patient and tolerant to this new lifestyle! I can't wait to ring in the New Year with Brad and Crawford!












2 comments:

  1. Hi Christen! Crawford is adorable and I am blown away by how much stuff you seem to be getting done with a 10 day old. I really don't think I managed to even dry my hair the first three weeks of Emery's life. You look great in every picture. I want to bring y'all dinner in the new year...we leave for Steamboat in a few days but I want to come visit when we get back. I am totally inviting myself over, but I will bring food so I don't feel too tacky. ;-) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...what a cute post! I wish Crawford would stay really small for a while because that picture of him in his stocking is just so darn cute!

    p.s. Brad is quite the gift giver!! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete