Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 8-9

Well Crawford hardly ever gets put down but when and if he does we put him down in this bassinet that sits right off the ground. He hates his big bassinet (which is the one Brad slept in as a baby) so when and if he is not being spoiled he usually rests in here. I ordered this adorable pillow from Etsy for his nursery. I have put it on his glider and it matches his room perfectly. I have no idea how this lady was able to match his nursery so well.

Ashley was so nice and spent the day with me. Corinne left on Wednesday and Cathleen wasn't coming until Thursday night so it was great to have company while Brad was at work. I am still dreading the day when Cathleen leaves and I'm all alone and looking around like how am I supposed to do this alone? I am sure I will manage but I am sure going to miss everyone who has been soooo helpful the past week.



Brad and I ran a couple of errands this afternoon. It really is the highlight of my day. He'll say "You wanna take a ride" and then we bundle Crawford up and I sit in the back and keep him company. It makes me feel sane again to see the outside world. Lauren stopped by when we got home to visit with Crawford.



As he began to get fussy I figured it was time for a diaper change/feeding so I proceeded to change his diaper when his umbilaal cord fell off. Just like that I never thought it would be so soon or I guess I had stopped counting the days because yeah I guess it was about time for this little guy to fall off. I was so excited..it was the first moment I felt like wow my little baby is growing and the time is going to start flying by!



Here is his new little tummy. I can finally see his little belly button....so sweet!



Just admiring my little man....

The first week or really the first 4 days home were literally some of the most stressful, anxiety producing days of my life. I thought I was pretty good at handling stress and everyone said this whole mothering thing came so easily but man I have literally never been soo stressed in my life. I just felt like I had no control over anything and that mixed with little to no sleep left one emotional mamma. I just would look at Crawford with all of this love and then feel like I had no idea what I was doing. The feeding schedule was so difficult. I sometimes felt like I didn't even know how to hold him to get him to feed properly....these are things you are never taught and they just take practice. I finally feel so much more comfortable preparing for a feeding but I just felt so challenged those first 4 days and nights and I am so happy that after one full night of sleep thanks to my husband I feel refreshed and a LOT less stressed. Brad helped out one night after seeing me so ubelieveably drained and took it upon himself to take the monitor and the finger feeding system and make it through the night without making one peep. I felt soo very lucky! He did an amazing job and I woke up literally feeling like a whole new person. I can't wait to see how I feel after another week of being a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment