Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Couples Shower

I mean how adorable are diaper cakes?! I love them and I never want to take them apart...unlucky for me this one fell apart in the car but I have been working to repair it so that I can bring it to the hospital! The happy mother and father to be!
The sweet and adorable diaper cake and cupcakes!



The two hosts (I am so sad I didn't take one with Jennifer and Jess) but what a great picture of Brad and 2 of his very best friends!)




This picture belongs further down in the blog... wow I struggle at blogging...




Wow...I can't even express how lucky we are to have such great friends and family...From Brad's parents who are always there to support us to my sisters who both came to town to celebrate Crawford's arrival to my best friends from college who drove in from different cities to all of our friends who came out on their Friday night to support us and then of course there are the Mathias's and Edwards' who hosted such a great shower for us--- we felt so blessed and happy to have all of these people showering us with well wishes this past weekend!





Here is a shot before all of our friend arrived to the shower...I am 36 weeks 5 days! Earlier in the day Alexis and Brittany arrived and I got to take them to my favorite baby store! We got to park in the "pregnant" lady parking and I showed them some of my favorite things!






When we got home we found the beautifully painted "Crawford" letters that arrived! I couldn't wait to see them and they are just perfect!






The shower was so nice..the hosts prepared hamburgers, pasta salad, chips and appetizers. The non-pregos got to enjoy some wine/beer comliments of the Bramhalls and I got to enjoy the beautiful diaper cake and cupcakes of course!







I can't belive this was the last time my best friends from college would get to see their partner in crime before she officially becomes a mom...what a weird feeling!






My sisters were so sweet to drive to town and spend time with me over the weekend and I can't wait till Crawford gets to meet his Aunts!







This is such a special gift that I received from Brittany! She had a sign painted (which of course matches Crawford's bedroom) but will hang on the hospital door and we will get to fill in his weight, height, DOB information! I can't wait to display this adddorable sign outside of my hospital room...I always wanted something different and unique and I couldn't be more obsessed!






This is a great shot of all the guys at the shower. Sad we didn't think to get a girl group photo. Some of these guys Brad has known for years and some others have just become great friends over the past few months...It's so great to have so many wonderful people to hang out with in Greenville!







The gifts were overwhelming...I can't believe how generous and kind people are! They really showered us with some of the most special and sweet baby gifts and I still can't wait to go through them all again!







Brad's mom came up with the cutest poem. She taped it to a children's Elmo camera and the note informed us that we could pick out a new camera to take pictures of Crawford when he arrives...She always comes up with the most creative gift giving ideas...and we are spoiled beyond belief by his parents...I can't even imagine how spoiled Crawford is going to be!







Just a glimpse of the great friend and family watching us open presents~







Shout out to A-lex and her sweet gift~ Love you!







The Edwards and Mathias' were so generous and thoughtful...they did so many sweet things for us...including out adorable diaper cake, the cupcakes, preparing and cleaning up after all of us, Jess helped me keep track of all of the wonderful presents and they invited all of these great friends to this shower...we are so thankful for both of their friendships and are so grateful that they asked to throw us such a wonderful shower!






How excited am I? Another Georgia outfit to add to his future supply of ONLY Georgia attire...brad secretly is so excited...did I mention that the crowd went wild with this gift (well maybe my friends are just loud but either way we blew the Clemson fans out of the water!)











sad the georgia picture is now missing but imagine me holding a G onesie and Brad booing it...










Now onto the terrible Clemson attire..that orange is just miserable to look at! Since I know he will inevitably end up in something Clemson (only while I am at work and not around on a Saturday at least it is a cute Clemson outfit!)





I was so glad Brad got to participate in opening gifts from Crawford...he loved every minute of it!























Did we mention how much Ryan enjoyed helping open presents too..I think she figured she was helping enough that she might as well start showing off all of the adorable presents!















Lauren, Jerelle, and I catching up after opening gifts!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you love the sign... it makes me so happy :)

    I had such a fun weekend getting to celebrate my preg BFF and can't believe that next time I see, you'll probably be holding sweet baby Crawford in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute Christen - we absolutely loved doing it for you. Can't wait to meet Baby Crawford!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the sign. Kudos to your friend!!!:) Looks like an awesome time! You and Brad make the cutest parents-to-be!!!I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful that I get to work with you and I will miss you when you are out with the sweet baby! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete